A beginners guide to extreme metal...

Back to exciting matters like DravenMist being a homophobe... homophobia is wrong. Any sort of hatred towards anyone because of race, religion or sexual preference is WRONG. I don't care if it's just an opinion.

I don't think homophobia is wrong, people are always uncomfortable and afraid of things they are not usually exposed to or that are different to them or their opinions, but I think hatred towards people based on race or sexual preferance or whatever is wrong. It is a catagory that people are placed in, all the people in that catagory are different people with only one similarity, so it is wrong to make generalisations and such about them based on that one point.

Spawny, yes Skinman was their 2nd and last full length album. But Destitution is where it's at... ranks as one of my fav thrash albums from ANY band.

Spiff, no they broke up ages ago, but have reformed for "reunion" gigs every once in a while over here to cash in on their popularity. Their bass player, and Perth metal "icon" (read that how you like, Brian will know what I mean) Dave Harrison, however can be found in Black Steel.

Cooperman said:
Spiff, no they broke up ages ago, but have reformed for "reunion" gigs every once in a while over here to cash in on their popularity. Their bass player, and Perth metal "icon" (read that how you like, Brian will know what I mean) Dave Harrison, however can be found in Black Steel.

This is interesting. Jason Stone's dad emailed about a year or so ago and told me the band was still together, and they were recording! When I asked Dave about it, he didn't say anything. I think he was speechless.

Goreripper said:
Oh and I think it remiss of him not to have included anything by Entombed. All of their albums are good, except the one with the dog on the cover.

LIAR LIAR LIAR! Same Difference is a bloody good ROCK album, it just doesn't suit that Entombed did it, they have since redeemed all faults with the last 3 allbums, hence I forgive them and rock out every now and then to SD :headbang:

Actually Southy I completely agree with you. SD is a fantastic rock album. People didn't like it because it was recorded by Entombed. I guess that's the problem when you name your band something like that: if you do something that doesn't "fit" with the image your name presents, you're immediately labelled as a sell out. Look at Metallica, for example, although I personally believe that 'Same Difference' is far better than "Reload" and even "Load". The only way to get around this problem is to name your band something that doesn't instantly conjure some kind of "image". This is why Red Hot Chili Peppers chose their name, I believe.

Make sure its Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia because its really thrashy and awesome, but if its not there Death Cult Armageddon is nearly as good :)

I was looking at the Pure Eupro Missyelliot one..
But I'll probably just get whichever is cheaper.