A couple Katatonia CD reissues coming soon...

There's something strange over the things we fans get get worked up about.

I don't see a problem with re-releasing stuff or the way they handle bonus tracks... and that's not through lack of love, I wear their shirts and have the postcards on my wall.

Maybe I'm too soppy, but why is it important to bang on about how they way one appreciates a band is the right one, or why anyone else should care what form the love for this band takes?

There are times when bands and especially labels do stupid and bad things. This is definetly not one of them, the man said it himself. This is not a single Linkin Park remix made to guarantee another 2 million sales.

Or to put it in a less flowery-peace way:
Nobody cares about how you enjoy the albums, coil. The important thing is that you do, that we all do. Everything else is a really, really stupid argument.

And on a more relevant note:
If the albums have good alternative covers I will buy them anyway. And gift them to people.

Releasing material that might appeal to some fans with different artwork is so bad. Katatonia is like, trying to make money out of their music, such a crime, man. Who cares about making money, here?

Just give me a Steven Wilson 5.1 mix of Night is the New Day, LFDGD, Viva, and the complete TGCD and I'll be totally satisfied 100%. mainly NITND baby.

Maybe because more music fans have the compression to see the bigger picture and understand there's such a thing as "flow." It's not just a collection of songs. That my friend is what is called a best of album, a rap record, or an Ipod. Plus I don't know what it's going to take to get you to understand that some of these tracks were recorded after the record. This has been explained to you numerous times. It's like talking to a child.

Once again you post the most negative post against another member in a thread. If you don't agree with someone's opinion you could just ignore it, instead of calling someone a child, like you are some god you has to 'explain' things to your inferior minions. Your opinion is no better than anyone else who has one, and it never will be. If Flawed Coil is a 'child', then you are an egotistical blowhard. As long as you continue to be rude to other people, I will be rude to you. Grow up.

Once again you post the most negative post against another member in a thread. If you don't agree with someone's opinion you could just ignore it, instead of calling someone a child, like you are some god you has to 'explain' things to your inferior minions. Your opinion is no better than anyone else who has one, and it never will be. If Flawed Coil is a 'child', then you are an egotistical blowhard. As long as you continue to be rude to other people, I will be rude to you. Grow up.

Well said!

:lol: Funny how easily we forget. Last I checked you're the one who made a "negative post against" me after I made a general statement of my opinion. You even apologized for doing so:

Yes, perhaps I reacted too strongly, I am just as flawed a person as anyone! I apologize. Guess since I like DODS and don't consider it amateurish (just different) and feel that a band can certainly regress a bit to the old stuff that worked well and progress all at once, I behaved as a bit of an ass.

As for you Schism ol' pal, I made a helpful suggestion that you took the wrong way then went off the deep end and into attack mode. I called you on all this within the thread and you conveniently never replied back. So man, if you're still harboring a grievance then settle it here and now.

Like you said Season, we all take things the wrong way sometimes and act like an ass. No doubt myself included, but that's simply not the case with this instance right here. There's no question that complaining (continually) that something should have been on a record when it was recorded afterwards is stubbornly childish. It's like saying people in the 1700's should have used a bus as transportation. There's an ocean of difference between that and a subjective opinion. It's not in my nature to ignore such blatantly ignorant statements.

Last but not least, this entire thread (much like the internet as a whole) has been a bunch of useless negativity so don't try to act like there's a victim in all this.

:lol: Funny how easily we forget. Last I checked you're the one who made a "negative post against" me after I made a general statement of my opinion. You even apologized for doing so:

As for you Schism ol' pal, I made a helpful suggestion that you took the wrong way then went off the deep end and into attack mode. I called you on all this within the thread and you conveniently never replied back. So man, if you're still harboring a grievance then settle it here and now.

Like you said Season, we all take things the wrong way sometimes and act like an ass. No doubt myself included, but that's simply not the case with this instance right here. There's no question that complaining (continually) that something should have been on a record when it was recorded afterwards is stubbornly childish. It's like saying people in the 1700's should have used a bus as transportation. There's an ocean of difference between that and a subjective opinion. It's not in my nature to ignore such blatantly ignorant statements.

Last but not least, this entire thread (much like the internet as a whole) has been a bunch of useless negativity so don't try to act like there's a victim in all this.

Say what you will, just because you think you are right does not mean you have to call someone a child and act like you have to 'explain' things to them as if they are an idiot. It does not have to be in your nature to ignore statements you dislike, but you could state your opinion with more respect and less insults. If you think it is OK to belittle others because you disagree with them, I will call you on it every time.

Someone says, "hey, this song should have been on the record!" In which a number of posters explain the fact (NOT opinion) that it's impossible because it wasn't even put together until after the record's release. Only to have it fall on deaf ears while that same person turns around and keeps repeating that the song should have (miraculously) been on the album and that it's otherwise "incomplete" as if they're actually in the band or "some God." Exactly what do you call that mentality? Really, I would love to know the politically correct term that you find acceptable. If someone thinks it is OK to disregard rationale, I will call them on it every time.

Someone says, "hey, this song should have been on the record!" In which a number of posters explain the fact (NOT opinion) that it's impossible because it wasn't even put together until after the record's release. Only to have it fall on deaf ears while that same person turns around and keeps repeating that the song should have (miraculously) been on the album and that it's otherwise "incomplete" as if they're actually in the band or "some God." Exactly what do you call that mentality? Really, I would love to know the politically correct term that you find acceptable. If someone thinks it is OK to disregard rationale, I will call them on it every time.

I am not trying to be an asshole, I am simply pointing out that you can disagree with someone without resorting to belittling them, which in itself is a somewhat childish reaction. I know for a FACT that Dissolving Bonds and Displaced were recorded at the same time as TGCD! He wants the 4 b-sides from the TGCD era included as bonus tracks, don't see why that bothers you (because he says the 'complete album sessions'? His opinion does not mean something fact based, just something he 'wishes' could be or could have been (or could be NOW, the band could do whatever they want NOW)! You mention flow, and that has nothing, zero to do with fact, just opinion. Plenty of people think TGCD would have 'flowed' better with Dissolving Bonds replacing one of the songs on the LP. Also, why do you care so much about what he says, or why do I care so much about what you might say? Something else to consider. I see this in myself: being a reactive person does not necessarily reflect self control or maturity, so I'm just going to shut my trap now.

I realize this is serious business but..

enhanced-buzz-3289-1288473406-7.jpg

There are more important things. Like beating sense into Salient.

I know for a FACT that Dissolving Bonds and Displaced were recorded at the same time as TGCD! He wants the 4 b-sides from the TGCD era included as bonus tracks, don't see why that bothers you (because he says the 'complete album sessions'?

Fact: Sold Heart wasn't even recorded in the same studio and not even part of the "album sessions."

Could be "now"? Well as far as I'm aware special editions for both albums that include the bonus tracks are either already available or in the works. I see a number of ungrateful posters complaining as if the band has done them wrong. If anything the band has consistently gone out of their way to please the fans.

the idea to put out all b-sides and remixes and maybe some new rare stuff is a good one, maybe something that we can do sometime in the future after the next album when there should be enough material for this.
Nuff said.

Fact: Sold Heart wasn't even recorded in the same studio and not even part of the "album sessions."

Could be "now"? Well as far as I'm aware special editions for both albums that include the bonus tracks are either already available or in the works. I see a number of ungrateful posters complaining as if the band has done them wrong. If anything the band has consistently gone out of their way to please the fans.

Nuff said.

You right dude!

Season1234 pretty much said everything that I have said (or at least tried to say). When a "rerelease" of an album is issued, it no longer should have to follow the "sacred 12 track rule" where the entire album's flow must be contained and told within 12 tracks (or under). A rerelease should feature everything that was either left off the first printing along with everything that has been written/released since then (especially if the songs coincided with with singles from the said album) and there is no chance of those same b-sides being released on a future album. I don't like to see any song left behind. When someone asks "what album can "Unfurl" be found on?", I want to be able to name a definitive, full length studio album that it can be found on, not some rare, obscure ep. Me an Bluesky will, once again just have to agree to disagree as I can not change his outlook on the matter, nor can he change mine.