A couple Katatonia CD reissues coming soon...

I realize this is serious business but..

enhanced-buzz-3289-1288473406-7.jpg

There are more important things. Like beating sense into Salient.

Only comment that matters in the whole thread.

The whole lot of you need to get high and forget about being kind humans for one minute.

And 96% of the bands in someones signature are really bad.

:Spin:

I tried listening to some bands (the ones I had never heard) from "someones's signature" and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, I think I died. I never listened to so much bad music in a single day.

I know I'm being a douche, but how can you live with yourself?

Wait a minute ... Aren't you that guy who called someone an idiot for donating the money in their wallet to a band who was stranded when some jackass jacked all their cash?

:lol:

I'm just sayin is all. :p

yeah, but that was different, I was going through a rough time . . . my dog had comitted suicide that day, he drowned himself in his water bowl, so therefore I can 110% justify my assholeness :popcorn:

I tried listening to some bands (the ones I had never heard) from "someones's signature" and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, I think I died. I never listened to so much bad music in a single day.

I know I'm being a douche, but how can you live with yourself?

As I have said many times before, I am NOT a metal fan. I judge bands by how well I like their vocalists. If you have a vocalist I do not like, then your music alone can not save you. If you care to suggest some of your "all-appealing" bands, I'm open to suggestions.

Rules:
1. No grunting/growling vocals. I can not recognize grunting/growling/screaming as any form of singing and therefore can not take them seriously.
2. No high pitched male vocalists.

See how much luck you have with finding a band that doesn't fall within those two categories. Katatonia is truly a rare exception, thus why I love them so much.

And yet you like Linkin Park. I see a hole in these rules.

But whatever, enjoy yourself. From where I'm sitting however, the joke is on you.

True, I liked some older Linkin Park. However, the new crap that they are doing now does not interest me in the least. The bands I listed in my signature are not "all of my current favorites". In fact, well over half of the bands listed, I haven't listened to in several years. The only reason why I listed the variety that I did, was so that people could tell right away that I am not here because I love metal music. I only require good, strong, melodic vocals in front of rock music (whatever kind of rock music that may be, it does not make much difference to me). I do find it a bit irritating how people believe, that in order for me to be able to love/appreciate Katatonia, I must first love Dream Theater, Swallow The Sun, Pain Of Salvation, Opeth, Rishloo, Porcupine Tree, etc. I like some songs by all of those bands, but not enough to where I can place them in my "must listen" category. Whereas Katatonia is one of my top five "most listened to" bands I have.

Children of Bodom and Devildriver make you da manly man, huh? Salient you lovable skamp troll you. You're the hatecrew death crewz you stand and you wont fallz.

There are more important things. Like beating sense into Salient.

:lol: +1

And 96% of the bands in someones signature are really bad.

:Spin:

:D

yeah, but that was different, I was going through a rough time . . . my dog had comitted suicide that day, he drowned himself in his water bowl, so therefore I can 110% justify my assholeness :popcorn:

:lol:

As I have said many times before, I am NOT a metal fan. I judge bands by how well I like their vocalists. If you have a vocalist I do not like, then your music alone can not save you. If you care to suggest some of your "all-appealing" bands, I'm open to suggestions.

Rules:
1. No grunting/growling vocals. I can not recognize grunting/growling/screaming as any form of singing and therefore can not take them seriously.
2. No high pitched male vocalists.

See how much luck you have with finding a band that doesn't fall within those two categories. Katatonia is truly a rare exception, thus why I love them so much.

i decided not to be a douche here and actually recommend some bands to you: amorphis, anathema, blackfield, novembre, nevermore

check them out and see if there's something you like :)