A new instrument?

Why would anyone want a sax on an Opeth album though? Of all the things deemed retarded in this thread, that probably tops the list.

Why would anyone want a sax on an Opeth album though? Of all the things deemed retarded in this thread, that probably tops the list.

+1

itd be like having britney spears doing her songs in an angela gassow voice.
(point being it would sound out of place and silly much like a sax in opeth's music)
Sure itd be amusing, but thats not what we want for opeth is it?

I'm hoping the next Opeth album has more britney spears now that you mention it, because that would totally fit.

Non-metal =/= MUST HAVE SAX OMG

I am really really really wanting to fucking rant right now but I keep typing paragraphs and holding backspace because I realize how you guys would just respond by completely ignoring the whole thing and nitpicking about exaggerations or logical fallacies or about how OpEtH iS aN eNiGmA.

I liked the Britney spears idea, especially Coil live would be awesome, while Per try to penetrate his beard into her asshole, beard anal sex would be so original.
As long as you feel that there is the core of Opeth into the next album, who gives a fuck how it was played !!

im not talking about being original i just love the smooth sound of a sax

but im all for beard anal sex

Is no one missing the black metal side of opeth anymore? Orchid, Morningrise, MAYH were just fucking golden, each and every one of them. I'd love for them to come back to an "April Ethereal" kinda style with a healthy dose of experimental orchestration like bringing in a harp for interludes, getting per to do more piano stuff, and a lute also sounds like a great idea! Violin may be to out there, but some more subtle strings like a cello or double bass even, that would be kickass. Sax is awesome too but its not as versatile of an instrument as I'd like it to be.

So if Opeth using sax is a shitty idea, does that make the use of oboes and flutes in Watershed a shitty idea too?

OPETH R TOO METULZ FOR USE DIFFRUNT INSTRUMENTZ

If I recall, Behemoth incorporated a lot of horns into The Apostasy and it sounded just fine. Have an open mind, guys.

Bill%20OneManBand.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Mike and the boys could take the sound of this guy falling down a flight of stairs and make it sound good... so let them do whatever they want.

So if Opeth using sax is a shitty idea, does that make the use of oboes and flutes in Watershed a shitty idea too?

OPETH R TOO METULZ FOR USE DIFFRUNT INSTRUMENTZ

If I recall, Behemoth incorporated a lot of horns into The Apostasy and it sounded just fine. Have an open mind, guys.

Because every instrument is of equal value to every band, and a sax would have the exact same effect as a flute/oboe. It's not like instruments sound different from one another so lets just put them all in the next Opeth album. I personally am hoping for a recording of Mike taking a shit.

Uhhh, you guys realize that Watershed has live flute, oboe and cello among other instruments, not just on Coil but throughout the album, right? :eek: