A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

Come to think of it 10 month is a long time from a DVD is recorded till its out. But I guess the SE GR took about a year too.

I just cant wait :erk:

well they have to make all the sound levels work right, do all the editing, put in the special features, it all takes a really long time, even longer generally. still, i do want it now:loco:

I don't think that the DVD will be out until the next album. They are probably videotaping all of the recording session of the new album to put a documentary on the dvd. I'm still hoping for another making of documentary like the one in lamentation. It would be cool if they had bonus song...or a bonus gig from the early years...

what can i say? Opeth is all worth waiting for. If they release the new album along with the DVD then its gonna be a beautiful day where Opeth takes a huge step into immortality.

I remember when Opeth released the "Lamentations DVD", it only took like two and half months from recording it to releasing it.
(They recorded in September I'm pretty sure - if not later - and t'was released in early December.) I feel dissappointed the new dvd won't be released sooner, but as stated above, if the package would be extended with extras, documentary of the recording of the new album (before it is released - as a teaser, how cool would that be?) and perhaps a whole new show it would definately be worth the wait.

Lamentations was filmed 25 Sept '03 and released on DVD 24 Nov '03

Roundhouse is taking considerably longer, but then Roadrunner are professional milkers.

Hey, as long as it's coming out I'm happy. It'll be a beautiful piece of work.

I dont see why they would be filming another documentary since they have 2 already. And the one on lamentations referred to Damnation/Deliv, whereas the one released with the GR rerelease had a documentary of the making of that album. If they have already filmed the DVD its likely not gonna be supported by any documentary unless its foreshadowing new material. But that doesn't seem to likely to me as it really isn't Opeth's style to give that much of a prequel to their new stuff.

My lord, for metal fans, some of you are quite the whiney little bitches. Hell if they play ANY of the tracks off of GR I'll be happy. Any new live content is awesome, do not complain.

Edit: seems I'm a bit late.......Don't really care for that set list but it should be cool.

My lord, for metal fans, some of you are quite the whiney little bitches. Hell if they play ANY of the tracks off of GR I'll be happy. Any new live content is awesome, do not complain.

I agree with you but people are still hoping for the ultimate DVD. If you look on the market they're some pretty good package and boxset...just think of in flames, arch enemy, amon amarth,Dream Theater...Imagine a dvd with the quality of the dream theater one's, with the amount of material of the amon amarth ones....It's the ultimate dream:headbang:

Well some ppl think GoP wont b on the DVD cos the DVD (acording to these ppl) wont be released by RR. I however think it will be released by RR.

I can't imagine it would be anything other than a RR release. The issue has been with them securing the rihgts to the earlier material, and RR has the money to do that.

I can't imagine it would be anything other than a RR release. The issue has been with them securing the rihgts to the earlier material, and RR has the money to do that.

I specifically remember Peter Lindgren saying that the band would release this DVD themselves since they coulnd't play old material if Roadrunner were to release it. The setlist they played at the Roundhouse in London further implies that this might very well be the case. On ALL other shows, except for at the Roundhouse, they opened with Ghost of Perdition and also played The Grand Conjuration. At the Roundhouse, they chose to open with When followed by Ghost of Perdition and dropped Conjuration from the set, making Perdition the only Ghost Reveries song in the set.

Why would they have changed the setlist in this way if they were not to release it themselves? I don't think Roadrunner would be happy with a DVD that contains only one song off the latest and only album released on Roadrunner... Also... as When was chosen as the opening song it makes it easier to cut Ghost of Perdition from the final tracklisting of the DVD. I think it is too bad that they chose to play a song at that concert that were not going to be on the final DVD...

I must add that I REALLY hope for Roadrunner to release the DVD and for Ghost of Perdition to be on it, but the facts above strongly suggests that this won't be the case....

I agree... they did however ditch almost all songs... all but Ghost of Perdition. Still, the DVD would definately have benefitted from the performance of another track that actually could have been included on the final product.

Still... we don't know yet if there might be additions to the DVD that we don't know of yet... one can always hope.