A NEW OPETH DVD IN LONDON..??.....MIKES WORDS...!!!

dvd is recorded on the 9th.

full set list from sunday (portsmouth):

Ghost Of Perdition
When
Bleak
Face Of Melinda
The Night And The Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park
------------------
Deliverence.

hey, i was talking to Peter at the gig in portsmouth tonight (i'm also going on thursday) and he said they will only playing songs from before the latest 4 albums, except for one unreleased song. because they are producing the DVD independantly they aren't using the roadrunner owned songs.

at portsmouth songs they played that would qualify:

night and the silent water, face of melinda & when

Were you the guy talking to Peter before Paradise Lost's set?
Or did you wait outside for them afterwards near the back entrance?

I guess this is quite possibly the set of songs to be recorded in London...

I can see the need for a breather in the middle of the set but I have never thought of Face of Melinda as a good livetrack... (unless they bring acoustic guitars), the three times I've heard it it's been far inferior to the studioversion - and it's the only song where Axe ruins an otherwise great moment... other than that I guess this is quite a good setlist... might want to see Deliverance and Windowpane exchanged since they're already on Lamentations...

Were you the guy talking to Peter before Paradise Lost's set?
Or did you wait outside for them afterwards near the back entrance?

i was chatting to him before paradise lost, i saw a few others talking to him before paradise lost, but i was talking to him by the door when he first came in.

Oh wow, in that case I saw you!

Peter looked really tired, at first
I didn't recognise him. It wasn't
until you took a picture with him
that it dawned upon me!

I just had another look at the amount
of consecutive gigs they are playing
in the Uk.

I hope they get round to harbouring
some well over-due rest after the
intense gigging! :zombie:

If they play a song off of Orchid, I hope it's "The Apostle in Triumph".

But most likely it will be "Under the Weeping Moon" since Axe already knows it.

I'd like them to record their little jazzy jam where Mike introduces the band, I always thought that was fucking cool. And one more thing that would be awesome? How about Per playing guitar for one of the songs? Mike and Peter always say he is a really good guitar player too, why not use him as a third layer on the older material. I know harvest might sound better with him playing acoustic. Whatever, just some ideas.

If they play a song off of Orchid, I hope it's "The Apostle in Triumph".

But most likely it will be "Under the Weeping Moon" since Axe already knows it.

That may not be the case. I could see them passing on Under the Weeping Moon to play a different Orchid tune. Songs like Bleak and Blackwater Park havent been played for ages, so it'd be no suprise to see them playing a different orchid track (if they even play one).

Ghost Of Perdition
When
Bleak
Face Of Melinda
The Night And The Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park
------------------
Deliverence.

Not a bad set list at all. I wouldn't mind them replacing The Grand Conjuration with The Baying of the Hounds or Beneath the Mire (if they want another Ghost Reveries track, that is). Of course there are some other songs I would love to hear, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if this turned out to be the track list on the DVD.

It was just taken on a camera phone, but they pretty much didn't check for cameras or anything.

In fact we didn't get searched at all. The Roundhouse gig will be different because of the filming I suppose...

Ummm.... I know it's only 20 hours to go, and that some of you will have already read this weeks Kerrang, but in the interview in it Michael said that the show will be about two hours long, and that they would play songs from all their previous albums, so I guess that answers the rights question.

Anyway we'll find out tomorrow......

Ummm.... I know it's only 20 hours to go, and that some of you will have already read this weeks Kerrang, but in the interview in it Michael said that the show will be about two hours long, and that they would play songs from all their previous albums, so I guess that answers the rights question.

Anyway we'll find out tomorrow......

Yes!