A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

I tried to find some swill on the way home from work tonight and I'm not very good at picking out the crappy stuff. I ended up with some Bulliet bourbon which isn't all that bad

just picked this up for $17

4b143f1307ab029b1349b3f52e9adfdf712e2b5d.jpg

oh, well who gives a fuck then!!! :lol:

I seriously can't remember the last day I went without a drink. I typically have a glass of red wine every weekday night a couple hours before bed.

so this Rebel Reserve is strong as fuck but a bit light on "flavor". smooth and tastes more expensive than its price though. good "value" just not very memorable.

I did like the Old Crow better for a cheaper swill.

And Buffalo Trace is still the winner at this price point.

SOTALLY TOBER
Starkle starkle little twink
who the hell you are I think
I'm not under what you call
the alcofluence of incohol
I'm just a little slort of sheep
I'm not drunk like tinkle peep
I don't know who is me yet
but the drunker I stand here
the longer I get
Just give me one more drink
to fill me cup
'cuz I got all day sober to Sunday up!

i'll try them shitz next ...

that church i buy my swill at has endless selection of bourbons ... i mean ENDLESS!
I spent 10 minutes just marveling at their display today.

Ive said it before but, the only bourbon I have ever had that can remotely touch a good single malt scotch is the Pappy Van Winkle and that shit is expensive. For the price, you can get better Single Malts though. If ever spending approx $40, there is no need to get anything other than Highland Park 12....EVER. The good thing about bourbon is that you can get decent shit on the cheap but prices have been rising. FRSB is now too much cuz I can get HP12 for just a few bucks more. Fuckers.

i hear you ...

let me finish that Rebel Reserve. give me till the weekend :loco:

unlike you I kill my bottles first before purchasing.

speaking of which ... a friend of mine posted this photo of his new wine cellar just today on FB ... bastard

398650_2895810988155_1046757782_2881327_23248707_n.jpg