A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

m604.jpg
m8482.jpg

:loco:

That Ardbeg Uigeadail knocks my socks off every time I pour a dram of it. What a fucking mighty spirit.

What I really came to this thread to ask was this: Has anyone tried this Lexington Bourbon that just sprung up everywhere? It has received a crazy-ass 95 rating and sells for a mere $25-$27!!! WTF? I may have to drop the hammer on this one.

lexington_bourbon_whiskey_fb.jpg

I also have to pick up some WL Weller 12yr if I can find it. Supposedly amazing for the price. I have way too much whisk(e)y at my bar. It's becoming strictly a whiskey bar.

Lurch - I dunno. It's the Tasting Panel of Excellence or some shit. It's pimped wherever you look up the bourbon or wherever it's on the shelves.

Terrible drunken night last night, came to at the parking lot where I left my car without any shoes, beating the shit out of my window trying to get in because I was freezing my ass off..lost my fucking keys somewhere, fuck!

I have Talisker 10 year and Jura 16 year at home currently. Still want to give Lagavulin a try but haven't found it whilst boozeshopping yet.

Both are good, but the more single malts I experience, the more I realize just how much I love Balvenie and Oban.

Oh yeah and I saw Skyfall last night. It was ridiculous (duh) but moderately entertaining.

However ther is one scene involving Macallan 50 year... and they take a shot. COME ON! :mad:

That could ruin a movie...

I had a glass of 25 MacAllan for my birthday and I was damn near licking the glass.

haha, I thought the same thing.
was like "wtf are they doing???"
At the beginning during the motorcycle chase I told myself: "You can either categorically tear this movie to pieces and say it sucks shit, or just suspend disbelief for the next 2 hours and have a good time." I chose the latter and did just that, but during the scotch scene I nearly lost the will to enjoy such foolishness.

I'm sure that computer/motorcycle/subway/Scottish/assassin/villain/gambling/shower-sex/Shanghai/glasswork/MI6 nerds all had similar moments of now-wait-a-second skepticism, but I'm glad mine was revolved around booze. Gotta go with what you know!