A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Welp, I'm addicted.

ACAHx.jpg

Coming from the dude who was bashing this shit.

Yo, you get a fucking marine discount or something? wtf?

I didn't bash it, I just said I think Absinthe is better usually. I'm still learning more about whisk(e)y. My Absinthe collection is bursting so I'll let that go for now while I experiment with the tastes as the bottles progress/age/get more space/maybe burn some oxygen out of a few bottles/decant into little bottles/etc. etc. and work on my whisk(e)y stash.

Right now I think Whisk(e)y is better, but of course that can change with the tides. I still love Absinthe of course and was just sharing some of my freshly opened bottles of Jade with my Dad yesterday (along with some Scotch).

PS: Sipping on that Ledaig right now, I have never had anything from Mull (nor had even heard of the Isle to be honest). Delicious (so far). Adding a drop of water and letting it hang out for a bit now.

One of the most exciting parts of the whisk(e)y adventures right now is developing a taste for American/Canadian/Irish Whiskey, which though I've drinken tons of I've never really 'liked'. (Sazeracs and than Whistle Pig put me over the edge to explore it more, along with adventures-in-single-malt).

To get back to the thread topic ... Just opened a bottle of 12 yo Cardhu single malt.
As smooth as Lee on a Friday night. :kickass:

To get back to the thread topic ... Just opened a bottle of 12 yo Cardhu single malt.
As smooth as Lee on a Friday night. :kickass:

Ive almost bought that a few times. It's relatively affordable. Maybe Ill do it.

Trying to figure out what Highland/Speyside I should go with next.
the I try the Macallan 10/12?

If you like sherry, go for it. It was the malt that got me into single malts but I dont think Id much enjoy it these days. Its definitely overpriced.

Anyone else pretty underwhelmed by Macallan? I've had it a few times, and it's nice and all, but jebus christ it costs twice what I'd expect to pay. Are they just super popular and can therefor charge an assload, or am I an uncultured boor?

Had a very nice glass of wine today. Plan on consuming up to 3 beers this evening, most likely an IPA will be involved because it's hot as shit.