A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

He isnt a big fan of the peaty stuff. I think that's why he gave it to me. But still, it's a scotch that you keep on hand for special occasions.
I on the other hand LOVE the peaty stuff.

my pops in law just got his work permit after I applied for it for him 2 months ago ...

for the previous 12 years he was not able to score one.

he is now trying to drown me in vodka as a celebration ...

p15K5.jpg

tEVHU.jpg

(The Laphroaig has a hang-tag as well, I just hadn't put it out yet when I took that).

Just got back from ye olde booze store. Laphroaig first, since I like stuff that tastes like it just came out of a fire. Than the Balvenie, mmmm peated cask.

Now ordering this, no care about taste just that Shackleton is the man. Ordering one for Pops for fathers day as well since he is a big fan of Shackleton as well (what man isn't I ask you?):

http://blog.thewhiskyexchange.com/2011/04/shackletons-whisky-mackinlays-reborn/

shackleton_mackinlays_small.jpg.jpg

that's some fine ass stuff ... :kickass:

i officially switched to beer for the summer as of Memorial Day ... as a primary drink.

but i am now having a whiskey/coke ... and none of the RC crew to bullshit with.

Haha, I know if I have one more glass of the Laphroaig I will end up drinking too much of it and having to resupply too soon.

I have some Rye behind me that I use for Sazeracs though, mayhaps I'll just have a few fingers of that instead.

I've been drinking tons of Whistle-Pig while out and about (especially in Sazeracs) recently and never bothered to look at the label:

YoNuE.jpg

THAT PIG IS RELAXING LIKE A BOSS! Yesssss.

Stocking up before I re-deploy:

On2BL.jpg

About to take a bath in that Lagavulin, haha. Also pretty excited about making a Sazerac with that Redemption.