A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Spent the evening getting shitfucked on beer with an 8-year-old.

Now I've moved on to my other lover besides bass: single malt.

My friend's daughter's 8th birthday party, where he and I drank the beer.

I wanted to use the word "shitfucked" in a sentence last night. Success!

Yes, very good shit. ugh, Im in love. Im a huge Buffalo Trace fan, Eagle Rare is delicious too. But the Blanton's is just amazing.

On Saturday we went to the Wigle Distillery www.wiglewhiskey.com in Pittsburgh. Small place, but their White Wheat and Aged Wheat we're really good. They are going to be releasing a "bourbon" too. Kinda excited for that.
They are known for their Rye, but I've never been a fan of Rye Whisky, it was good for what it was.

I Recommend it, if you're in the Pittsburgh area.

Those are photographs most impressive.

This weekend I enjoyed some Balvenie 17 year, which is probably the best scotch I've ever had. The rest of that bottle will go far, far quicker than planned, I am certain of that. Proof once again that The Balvenie is indeed my favoUrite distillery.

Then I tried two things that I haven't bothered with for a decade: Glenlivet 12 and Johnnie Walker Black. The Glenlivet was as I remembered it: mehhhh, but technically where my scotch journey began, so I appreciated the blurry stumble down forgotten memory lane. Then, to be completely honest, the JWB wasn't bad at all. In fact I might just finally try Blue Label for the first time ever next week. Maybe. I've avoided that like I avoided jazz for many years, because the fanboys made me want to vomit.

Lagavulin Distiller's Edition 1997 rectifies the one gripe I had about their 16 year: that it was a bit too potent for my pussytongue. This is bold but drinkable.

Dalwhinnie 15 was very good, although I don't remember explicit details after one dram. Mostly because I followed it up with two beers, oops.

Macallan 12 was much better than I remembered from the first go some years back, and I must say that they definitely have a unique style. I haven't ventured to their 18 year just yet, but maybe soon I shall.

Balvenie 17 Doublewood remains the finest booze I've ever consumed. I usually take 6 months to drink a bottle of scotch, but after 3 weeks that one is 2/3rds empty. I will buy more soon.