A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Laphroig Triple Wood to celebrate the new year.
Dorian if you come out to Phoenix I will drown you in scotch and women of questionable virtue

I have 23 bottles of single malt scotch and 11 bottles of bourbon. WTF? I gotta take a long hiatus from beer and embark on devestating my bar. Realistically, I shouldn't have to spend another penny on alcohol in the year 2015. Although, I have been putting money aside for the Bruichladdich Ocotomore 6.1. :tickled:

Likewise, I'd have to purchase a ticket to Tennessee first to witness that conversation with his wife. Afterwards, we can fly here and roomie it up amongst all these bottles. I do recall, however, that The Dorian abhors Bostonians.

Hey guys I totally tried Johnnie Walker Blue Label for the first time ever. Overrated plebeian swill, at least for $200 a bottle. Smooth and bland. Lame!

I also enjoyed some Glenfiddich 21 immediately afterward, which entirely made up for that ravishing disappointment. Delicious! I might have to procure an entire load for meself.

At home I have a bottle of Monkey Shoulder, which is a blend of three Speyside single malts. Honestly, this the first blend I've ever liked. Not sure I'd buy a second bottle, but not bad at all.

That Monkey Shoulder sounds kinda interesting.
Lol @ the Blue Label. How'd you get your hands on it?

Friend of mine was in town, and his dad has a Doomcifer-esque collection of fine whiskies. He got that one as a gift, and our collective opinion was: "I'm glad I tried it."

It isn't bad at all really, but the price is ridiculous for the utter lack of distinguishable character. It is very smooth, but doesn't have any depth to it, so for me, no thanks.

I have 23 bottles of single malt scotch and 11 bottles of bourbon. WTF? I gotta take a long hiatus from beer and embark on devestating my bar. Realistically, I shouldn't have to spend another penny on alcohol in the year 2015. Although, I have been putting money aside for the Bruichladdich Ocotomore 6.1. :tickled:

Yeah, fuck this noise.

So, tomorrow I'll be heading back to the local Whisk(e)y Emporium to pick up a few more bottles to stash. I have alrwady decided on Highland Park 18 and Bruichladdich "Laddie Ten." As for the third bottle, I haven't decided which direction to go just yet. Seeing how most of my collection is peated-heavily peated, I may opt for a sweeter dram but who knows. I'll probably cave and go my usual route. Anyway, here are some of my preliminary options:

Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
Auchentoshan Three Wood
Caol Ila Cask Strength
Benriach 10yr Curiositas
Longrow 7yr Gaja Barolo

Who the fuck knows.