A quality MP3 player that will not crap out on me...

I've had a 5th generation iPod Classic (80 GB hard drive) for a couple of years now as my "in car" listening device, and a small Creative Labs Muvo V100 (2 GB flash) for use in the gym. The Ipod Classic does very well for what it does, and the CL Muvo does very well in the gym (it's only a few ounces).

I don't know what problems people have with iTunes. I just turned off auto-sync and manually transfer stuff to iTunes with the Windows Explorer with "drag and drop". Works quite well. It takes a LONG ass time because of the synchronization, but walk away and it will do it while you're off doing something else.

I might upgrade to the Creative Zen for the gym (like the one SkiBumMSP has - I see him use it and seems to like it) or I might use an iPod Nano instead (just bought a 4th gen 8 GB for the wife - it's a neat device). But the 2 GB one I use now works very well that I can't see myself upgrading unless it dies on me, or I sell/give it away to someone.

But the iPod Classic - I've run out of room and might upgrade to a 240 GB drive on it. That would hold all my MP3s (and I have a TON of them) and still have room for expansion. :lol: