A quiet rant on music stores

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Free shipping, that's The End Records, kitty! Cheap prices, free shipping, great place to order music from if you can find what you want.

Also with free S&H inside USA check:

www.redstream.org (mostly extreme metal, but I have found interesting stuff too, cheap prices, no problems with them)

i don't use PayPal,and in India,i don't get albums from bands like
Stratovarius,Helloween,Edguy,Sonata Arctica,Nightwish....basically all the bands which i like....i do get Maiden here .....

this really sucks......:( :mad:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
yeah i think i know the store.. they advertise alot in the local music papers.. but i think they are way out east... and right now its a little chilly to go out east in NY lol BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

There's another AWESOME store in Long Island, but much closer. It's named SLIPPED DISC RECORDS and is located in Valley Stream. They also have everything under the sun....Live After Death on DVD (from Brazil, I believe), every black metal CD ever released, etc. If it's metal, they have it.

They still carry back patches, spiked bracelets and such nonsense, so you know they mean business concerning metal! LOL

METAL RULEZZZ said:
i don't use PayPal,and in India,i don't get albums from bands like
Stratovarius,Helloween,Edguy,Sonata Arctica,Nightwish....basically all the bands which i like....i do get Maiden here .....

this really sucks......:( :mad:

Do you have credit card (or access to one)? I'm sure many online distros do ship to India (at least The End does it).

There is a hastings down here that i go to ever Tuesday and have been for a year. The girl who works the Music department knows me well enough and knows I order stuff form her and love metal. Well she orders one of everything metal every week. even more harder to find crap. Because of her effort I have bought Edguy,Wizard,Black Majesty,Gun Barrel, Dungeon,Axxis, Anubis Gate,Destruction, and a bunch of other shit that no other store carries. Even other Hastings in the area. She doesnt special order them she just makes sure that they ship at least one copy of all the new metal stuff every week, because she knows I show up Tuesday mornings at 10 oclock and buy them. Hell she got all the Dismember reissues for me. Next week Im expecting Annihilator King Of Kill and Refresh THe Demon. Shes a hella cool chick. She has stuff sent Ive never heard of. I discovered Rumplestiltskin Grinder and Solefald this way.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Zia Records is pretty much the biggest and best supplied music store in the Phoenix area. They have a pretty extensive metal section. But surprisingly, they stock very little of the music I like. I went in there last Saturday with a list of new albums I wanted to buy:

Wow! Such a shame to see that Zia ain't what it used to be. I've spent many, many hours in many different Zias in the Phoenix area. The one on 7th Avenue near Indian School (?) used to be my favorite. We used to go to different ones just to get a different cross section of used stuff. That was back in the day of the shift from vinyl to CD. Man, did they ever have some kick ass stuff as people dumped their LPs for CD. I got Alice Cooper's Muscle of Love with the outer cardboard box thingy still in excellent shape for a buck.

Zia still has an awesome inventory, and still has a vinyl section, Wheez. But they aren't quite what they used to be. They've started adding stores in strip malls and stuff, and they look alot more like a Wherehouse now than they do the old Zias with incense burning to hide the smell of pot. And by the sounds of everyone who chimed in on this thread, Zia isn't the only record store to ease more toward the mainstream and put less emphasis on imports and underground music.