A sad reality

I took the absence of WD to mean that he was busy as hell creating the new Sanctuary masterpiece! Once that comes out we will all have something to talk/rave/complain about - now we just have to wait for that first snippet of studio footage to get us geeked.

The board shouldn't REQUIRE Warrell to be here to thrive. As I said before, I think certain behaviors here did wonders to alienate what could have been a more active forum of regulars and occasional visitors.

And if you want to hear from the band, Jim can always stop by.

not much! working, writing, schooling.

i dunno, internet's got a half-life. y'all realize it's been more than ten years since I started posting here? and i'm not even one of the oldest of the old school. without much Nevermore to talk about, this forum became a self-sustaining entity, and that can only last for so long.

had some good times though.

Does anyone else hate Mumford and Sons as much as I do? Does anyone find their attitude and music to be just a bunch of watered-down, artsy folk-rock that was done much better decades ago? Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but I'm getting really fucking sick of hearing about this stupid-ass band who doesn't do anything but write shitty pseudo-folk rock for tweens and stupid college girls.

Garbage. Another attempt by the industry to redefine "rock" by taking all the life and balls out of it.

That's exactly what I took from it. The first time I heard it I was like, "Ok, it's not bad but it's been done a million times and a million times better by a million different people." Then I realized every song started to sound the same and how it was all sappy and sweet, and they're basically a boy band.

Then it hit me: girls. Teens and college girls go apeshit for this kinda thing. Lowest common denominator, I guess.

Now, now, let's not be glum.

sKkaGkF.gif

There.