greyskull

Mar 22, 2006
Do keep in mind this is all my own personal taste for my band... but///

a sign that im definatly getting old...
so it started out with me going off Emgs,
Then going off Seymour Duncans,
Then going off my 5150,
then buying an 800. happy again...
then i went off humbuckers; and now im questioning dragging round a half stack to every fucking gig....

Im this close to having this as my setup (dont laugh now)

8435_320876925326_564665326_9580010_7075395_n.jpg

does thinking that looks like the sex make me an old man in an 18 year olds body? D:

the ac30 is nice... that guitar is an abortion though, and comes off more like a silly young man trying to be "alterna-kool" than as any sign of "premature maturity", :lol:

be a real man, grab a nice LP/SG/Strat and the ac30. :kickass:

the ac30 is nice... that guitar is an abortion though, and comes off more like a silly young man trying to be "alterna-kool" than as any sign of "premature maturity", :lol:

what!
the guitar is beaaautiful :(

have to say though, a nice LP does rule over ANYTHING :headbang:
one day i will get a silverburst and my life will be complete

got a nice sg and tele! cant stand strats!
TBH i wasnt sure about it until i played one!
holy shit; twangy tele/strat tone with a gibson size neck? yes please

I don't think old ac30's weight much less than a half stack, all the ones I've tried to lift were recto cabinet heavy!

However, for the style you play, I think you have 3 options, 800/plexi, ac30 or orange IMO

I hate the bridge on mustang/jaguars, lots of rattle on the saddles and detuning galore :(
Seriously, the tele you have is more than enough ;)

It's the same with me, I used to absolutely hate Teles like nothing else, I couldn't imagine myself ever wanting to play clean, a guitar had to be black... and pointy and the quality of a humbucker (I didn't understand why anyone would even consider a singlecoil) was measured in its output-level.

Now I love Teles like nothing else, embrace single-coil sounds and find plain black guitars to be the epitome of boredom.

I don't think old ac30's weight much less than a half stack, all the ones I've tried to lift were recto cabinet heavy!

However, for the style you play, I think you have 3 options, 800/plexi, ac30 or orange IMO

I hate the bridge on mustang/jaguars, lots of rattle on the saddles and detuning galore :(
Seriously, the tele you have is more than enough ;)

what..... like this??

IMG_0172.jpg

;) the one there/ the ones ive been looking at thave the bridges changed to tuneomatic = Problem solved without fannying around

oh P.s
my band mate just bought a sunburst; so i have to get black.
first black guitar ill have owned in AGES

Aye - switch the guitar out to a tele or a strat and your golden. I love the sound of an AC30 - can't beat the jangle of a VOX. I don't own a real AC30, but I think my VOX AD50VT does a pretty good job at getting that VOX feel. Now to just get my strat - I'm hoping Santa (a.k.a. my wife is listening) drops one under the Christmas tree.

Two years ago a had a "vintage gear" period.

Got two Les Pauls and a Classic 30 amp. - Even considered buying the Marshall Vintage Modern. Listened to the Allmans Brothers and Skynyrd.

At the moment my main guitars are 7strings with EMG's and a Marshall JVM. :headbang:

dont get me wrong, i aint selling the rest of my stuff; just fancy a change; ya know how it is!