black and pointy... ummm no.
but it'll be black!

Do keep in mind this is all my own personal taste for my band... but///

a sign that im definatly getting old...
so it started out with me going off Emgs,
Then going off Seymour Duncans,
Then going off my 5150,
then buying an 800. happy again...
then i went off humbuckers; and now im questioning dragging round a half stack to every fucking gig....

Im this close to having this as my setup (dont laugh now)

Some bellbottoms and a big mousctache and you are ready to rock!

This and the fact that it is a Fender ;)

Hahaha, well that goes without saying :D And no, I've never liked black or overly-pointy guitars either, give me a super-strat shape with a transparent finish on beautiful natural wood (whether it be flamed maple, swamp ash, or just the mahogany) with natural body binding any day! :worship: You know, kinda like this one :D

Nah dude, you aren't getting old. Vintage goodness FTW!!

I love it all though...shred guitars, Les Pauls, and strats. That's why I want one of each. I need to focus on a nice shred axe next.

I tell you, there was nothing like plugging my strat, w/ awesome Van Zandt pickups, into my old '68 Super Reverb. Fucking breath taking tone!

-Joe

the ac30 is nice... that guitar is an abortion though, and comes off more like a silly young man trying to be "alterna-kool" than as any sign of "premature maturity", :lol:

be a real man, grab a nice LP/SG/Strat and the ac30. :kickass:

+1000

Rockin the Voxbox is epicz, but dont be a gay surfer, get a real guitar!

p90-strat.jpg

P90s + Floyd = does not make understand :lol:

I just picked a random image of a wooden strat with P90's! ;)
A mahogany Strat with an ebony fretboard, vintage strat-trem, P90 in the bridge, and some really good vintage singlecoils in the middle and neck position = One of my dream guitars.

.. although i wouldnt want one of those ugly pickguards, rear routing ftw.
And the cover of the rear routing should be made out of mahogany as well, and no screws! Magnets <3

+1000

Rockin the Voxbox is epicz, but dont be a gay surfer, get a real guitar!

p90-strat.jpg

My god that is fucking gorgeous man.

As for that Jazzmaster, well thats fuckin ugly and I have to agree with James, they're the sorta thing sported by dudes with funny hair cuts and bad chops trying to have some sort of retro credibility.

Öwen;8686716 said:
My god that is fucking gorgeous man.

As for that Jazzmaster, well thats fuckin ugly and I have to agree with James, they're the sorta thing sported by dudes with funny hair cuts and bad chops trying to have some sort of retro credibility.

WRong.
that shit is FUGLY.
my hair cut is not FUNNY
my chops are fine.
I like it because it sounds awesome plays nicely; and no other hardcore bands i know play them. nice to be a bit different

WRong.
that shit is FUGLY.
my hair cut is not FUNNY
my chops are fine.
I like it because it sounds awesome plays nicely; and no other hardcore bands i know play them. nice to be a bit different

That wasn't an attack on you dude, just my personal experience of who uses Jazzmasters. Although I have no idea why you would want to use one in a hardcore band of all places.

Hell, use what you want though, I don't give a shit, I'm just saying that this assholes opinion is that its a monstrosity.