A Sign that Im getting old.

Öwen;8686742 said:
That wasn't an attack on you dude, just my personal experience of who uses Jazzmasters. Although I have no idea why you would want to use one in a hardcore band of all places.

Hell, use what you want though, I don't give a shit, I'm just saying that this assholes opinion is that its a monstrosity.

its all gravy baby!
honestly; they sound AMAZING.

There's only one way! There's only one way to rock!

jmascis1.jpg

Do keep in mind this is all my own personal taste for my band... but///

a sign that im definatly getting old...
so it started out with me going off Emgs,
Then going off Seymour Duncans,
Then going off my 5150,
then buying an 800. happy again...
then i went off humbuckers; and now im questioning dragging round a half stack to every fucking gig....

Im this close to having this as my setup (dont laugh now)

8435_320876925326_564665326_9580010_7075395_n.jpg

Dude, you ain't getting old, your just getting some actual taste in guitar gear!

i am so NOT metal it hurts.

look at my top25 most played

12168_325126860326_564665326_9635185_8228067_n.jpg

black and pointy... ummm no.
but it'll be black!

Further Seems Forever is awesome! Hide Nothing has a unique production and is really a killer album. My ex girlfriend stole that shit from me and I bought another copy:headbang:

I <3 Jazzmasters (and Jaguars, Bass VI's and other offset Fenders)! They're my favourite "old" guitars hands down. That's definately the way to go IMO! It takes a while to get used to the bridge though, and the stock CIJ/MIJ JM bridge totally sucks IMO; I instantly put a Mustang bridge on mine when I still had a JM. After you know how to set it up correctly though, you'll love it.

I definately want to get another JM (or possibly a Jag) soon, but with a flatter radius. I just couldn't get used to the vintage radius the CIJ had so I had to sell it. I still miss it :(

Thanks dudes!

It is actually a birdseye maple neck from Warmoth, just not as pretty as some of the others...haha. Minimal eyes...:p

Anyway, it's pretty much a parts-caster. The body is lightweight Alder from an American Highway 1 strat, with a Nitro finish. The bridge is a top shelf Fender bridge with a really nice block. I swear this thing resonates as much as my Les Paul or any other set neck/neck thru guitar out there. Real nice.

I've tried Fralin Vintage hots in another strat, which were meh, but these Van Zandt Vintage + pickups are the bees knees. So sweet. I love this axe.

-Joe