Aaaagggh! Dimebag shot in C-Bus!!!!

RoomForOneMore said:
Here's a project I thought of more as a tribute to the man, a short story anthology which has talented writers in horror and other fiction which the writers have Pantera or Damage Plan as an influence on them. This will include bands or musicians who met Dimebag over the years and they can share their short stories and essays. The word counts that I am considering for this would be 2400 up to 9900 words.

I'm in. Let me know how I can e-mail you. I've been a Pantera fan since I was 12, and they not only influenced my writing (mostly horror, lots of crime fiction, though), but, like Anthrax, my philosophy.

102 times I got to see Pantera live. I stare at a photo that I took of them at an instore signing which I later got signed by them back in 1992. even though, I listened to them less near the end it truly does suck. I didn't know what to think all night at work after hearing the news.

We are all at a loss right now. Words can't even describe how I feel about those affected by all this. I will be watching some PANTERA DVD's tonight along with the Dimebag part in SOD's Kill Yourself the Movie when Darrell and Billy were smart mouthing each other at an SOD show. Thats the best way for me to deal with this. He will be greatly missed!!!! :confused:
Your sounds can't be stopped by some guttless ass hole......you'll be forever in our hearts Darrell!!!
ROCK ON :headbang:!!!
ripdime.jpg

Holy shit...What a fuckin bastard...i dont know what type of person could ever do something like this! To shoot such a great guirtarist....Dimebag was deffiantly one of the best out ther!..I would like to go to that fags grave and piss on it!

Fox News and other right-wing outlets are already playing the "metal is evil" angle, which everyone here knows is a bunch of shit. They're already pissing on Dime's memory for ratings.

Support your scene, and call the vultures what they are. They're trying to spin this into something it isn't, a la Biggie and Tupac. When someone repeats it to you, school the fuck out of them until they understand what this music means to you.

How dare they? How fucking dare they, those fucking pieces of shit.

As someone at the Majority Report blog (http://majorityreportradio.com)said, a moment of noise for Dime.

i had heard about this last night on the Deth boards, but i didnt believe the reports. it just said that there was some shooting on the same street that the band was playing on. i went to sleep not thinking about it at all.

i woke up this morning, and i had gotten a message on my IM from one of my friends. it was an article about dimebag being shot. it didnt mention he was killed, so i investigated further. i went to the netscape page, and all i see is Guitarist Shot on Stage.

I click the link, and read along. All the sudden I read that he was killed, and I was just blown away. I walked around my dorm in total shock for a couple of minutes. it was like it wasnt really happening...

I sat back down, and just tried to let it all sink in.

Its now 6 in the afternoon, and it still doesnt make any sense...

why why why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just shit - Fucked up and insane !
What's wrong with cunts ? Guns are for ASSHOLES !

This really sucks.
Now in the future, what's going to happen at metal shows? How will bands react to this? Bands can't be scared to take the stage. Fans can't be scared to attend shows. Damn.

I don't know what to say. I loved Pantera just as much as I did Anthrax. A friend I had not heard from in about 6 months called me this morning to tell me. I still can't believe it. My heart goes out to Vinnie, and to the rest who have to deal with this tragedy on a much more personal level. I am sitting here listening to all my Pantera cd's and I don't know what to do. I am at a loss....

R.I.P. Dime!!! Your playing meant alot to me and I will always appreciate everything you gave us fans

I am a right-wing conservative but love heavy metal -- so I suggest someone form the heavy metal population suggest on writing emails to these journalists saying that heavy metal wasn't the cause of this, just that a former marine gone bad. But still this doesn't add up nor will it add up even 20 years from now; just that I hope everyone who supports Dimebag takes a big shit on that fuck's grave.

I remember the first time I heard Pantera and it was the track Cemetery Gates. That was ond of the heaviest things I heard then they just got heavier from there. I used to scare my friends when I would actually do a death metal rendition of Cemetery Gates. Thank you Dimebag for keeping heavy metal alive when Metallica decided to quit the thrash metal sound. Pantera will be one band that I will say created as much an impact on me as much Black Sabbath did. It won't surprise me now if everyone and their mother in a heavy metal band decided to pull off a Pantera cover.

I'm still in shock over this, and I can't believe that one of the very best metal personalities is gone.:cry:

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, Dimebag, we'll miss you very, very, very, much. As a musician, and as a great human being. God Bless

Sincerely,

August "AugDawg" Witzgall

Im so sad about this. Why why why. This is just as bad as when I heard that Cliff had been killed. I need to go and smoke a big fat joint in memory of Dime.

RIP Dimebag. You will be missed.