Abbath thinks the next Immortal will be a comeback to roots.

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Abbath On The Possibility Of A New IMMORTAL Album

Added Thursday, October 19
Added By: EvilG

Speaking with BW&BK about his new musical venture I, IMMORTAL frontman Abbath shed some light on the possibility of a new Immortal album that could follow the band's reunion shows.

Says Abbath, "After the shows next year, we'll see where we are at with Immortal and how the spirit in the band is. Because I already have ideas if we are gonna do a new Immortal album!

If it happens, we’re not gonna continue from Sons Of Northern Darkness, because Sons, Damned In Black, and At The Heart Of Winter were like a trio.

I talked to Demonaz about it and if Immortal continues, we’re going to continue where we stopped with Blizzard Beasts. With Blizzard Beasts, we wanted to go like MORBID ANGEL, but we bit more than we could chew (laughs). We definitely weren’t ready to go in the studio, even though the songs are great. Not so long ago, we even talked about re-recording Blizzard Beasts. But we have a lot of fans who like that album the way it is. So we’ll let it be and if we do another album with Immortal, we’ll see if we can go back and just continue from there instead of slowing down and going in the direction of At The Heart Of Winter.

And that’s how we're thinking in Immortal right now. But right now it’s cool to work with some rock n’ roll shit!"

As previously reported, Immortal have reunited for a string of exclusive shows for 2007 which include Wacken Open Air, Inferno Festival, and two U.S. dates in July (on the 13th at B.B. Kings in New York and on the 15th at The Avalon in Los Angeles).
Source: www.bravewords.com

Cool imo, I liked how they turned out with At the Hearts of Winter, but I'm curious about how a return to roots would sound with them.

well, most BM purists will say that Pure Holocaust is their best album. In my case, I'm one of you guys, I prefer later Immortal, but I think the majority prefers the first albums.

Reactions: Thanatopsis123
i like AtHoW, but Damned in Black sucks and Sons is just OK.

Pure Holocaust and BLizzard Beasts RULE! Blind buy.

gotta love rockstars:

ticketmaster said:
$100.00 VIP ticket includes first entry into room at door time, commemorative show poster and post-show meet and greet with the band. Norway's black metal legends IMMORTAL disbanded in 2003 after 13 successful years as one of the pioneers of metal. After a solid break, the band has decided to enter the battlefield again, and what better way to do so than performing a few selected, exclusive concert appearances! Come 2007, the world will see a new ferocious lineup of IMMORTAL, featuring Abbath and Horgh, and a new bass player in Apollyon from AURA NOIR

I thought about seeing them at the NY appearance this July, but a regular ticket is going to cost $70, let alone this $100 VIP ticket getting you a free poster. So I thought about it no longer.

Glad I got to see them before they split up but this meet & greet crap is so OzzFest.

gotta love rockstars:

I thought about seeing them at the NY appearance this July, but a regular ticket is going to cost $70, let alone this $100 VIP ticket getting you a free poster. So I thought about it no longer.

Glad I got to see them before they split up but this meet & greet crap is so OzzFest.

hey, right now black metal is huge with the hip youth of today.

gotta milk the cash cow.

gotta love rockstars:

I hear what you're saying here, but it's the exact same thing that Emperor did last year, obviously the promoter for the shows is the same. It's not like Abbath came up with the idea or anything.