About Derelict Herds...

There are no statements in this thread not tainted with stupidity.

I am yet to enjoy Derelict Herds very much. Also, it would be nice to hear it without having to use the DVD player.

Tool is awesome. Insane guitar solos do not equal good music. Tool has something else very special to it.

There are no statements in this thread not tainted with stupidity.

I am yet to enjoy Derelict Herds very much. Also, it would be nice to hear it without having to use the DVD player.

Tool is awesome. Insane guitar solos do not equal good music. Tool has something else very special to it.

Tool is awesome if youre a suicidal 17-yearold. "Tainted" with stupidity? Where did you come from, the school for pretentiousness??:Smug:

Ha, maybe I haven't payed enough attention to them. I just thought they were mysterious. Sad for you, though.

:lol: Nah, I've stopped listening to them not long after I started.:p Haven't lost any sleep either,hehe. I just started listening to them because some of my friends told me how great they are. Well, they are not so great IMO!

I'm surprised so many of you dislike Tool. I don't find it despressing exactly. Cynical for sure. Which song(s) do you refer to? To me, they are about very mature subjects that teenagers simply can't understand. (Spirituallity, transcendental identity, contempt, abuse).

Katatonia fits the depressive, suicidal title better. I like Katatonia, but it gets me down more than any other music.

I'll ignore the troll and answer: it just doesn't sound like something a guitarist would write. Believe me, I have a knowledge about these things. I've listened to all kinds of music, well all GOOD music anyway and I have developed a good knowledge inside the field. Have you tried playing this on your guitar? Just doesn't work! You can play it but it sounds loco, doesn't it? On piano on the other hand, or synthesizer, it doesn't sound out of place. The structure of that opening is just so typical for a keyboard-based work.

I played it on the guitar and it feels perfectly natural. And to use your kind of terms: believe me, I have a knowledge about these things. I've played both the piano (all sorts of genres, though mostly classical) and electric guitar (all sorts of genres, mostly metal) for almost 20 years.

Between Porcupine Tree and Blackfield, Steven Wilson takes the cake for most depressing music.