Opeth and Riverside

I actually downloaded Guitar Pro and checked this out... I got a tab for A Fair Judgment to see if this guy is right... first of all, there's no vocals, and second of all, it uses midi to synthesize the music. It's like if Opeth did the DOOM soundtrack. I fail to see how this is an accurate representation of the actual song.

ive already said many times that i dont care about vocals, a song without vocals is much better than one with them

also...whether the tone is different or not is unimportant. if the tab is accurate it will still play the same notes as the song, thus have the same sound. notes dont change sound just because they are served up on guitar pro midis. if you cant understand that using the EXACT same notes in a slightly different tone is an accurate representation of the song, then fuck man i give up

yet you stated you listen to jazz mainly in other threads ... now you are going to say that tone (and everything else that can not be expressed through those programs) is unimportant in jazz? ... how could one ever appreciate someone like miles davis, when simply running some of his stuff through such programs??? ...
if you think music is the simple sequence of notes, and you prefer music without voice, well, go listen to house/techno/and the likes ... it's perfect for you!!

ive already said many times that i dont care about vocals, a song without vocals is much better than one with them

also...whether the tone is different or not is unimportant. if the tab is accurate it will still play the same notes as the song, thus have the same sound. notes dont change sound just because they are served up on guitar pro midis. if you cant understand that using the EXACT same notes in a slightly different tone is an accurate representation of the song, then fuck man i give up

You've succeeded in confusing the hell out of me... you're telling me that it doesn't matter to you if an actual band is performing the song or if a computer midi synthesizer is merely playing the notes? You're actually telling me you can't tell the difference?

no, im saying the difference is negligible. it still makes the same sound im going to hear from the song, just in a little different way. christ all you people are acting as if the midis dont sound anything like instruments, you can fucking tune ur own guitar using guitar pro.

i dont see why everyones come here and had an almighty bitch at me. guitar pro may not be the actual song, but its cheaper and its much easier to access. i dont give a shit if it doesnt sound exactly like the song, i dont get wooed over by production or guitar tone anyway. unless the guitars have the sound of a saxaphone, which can be emulated on guitar pro anyway

no, im saying the difference is negligible. it still makes the same sound im going to hear from the song, just in a little different way. christ all you people are acting as if the midis dont sound anything like instruments, you can fucking tune ur own guitar using guitar pro.

i dont see why everyones come here and had an almighty bitch at me. guitar pro may not be the actual song, but its cheaper and its much easier to access. i dont give a shit if it doesnt sound exactly like the song, i dont get wooed over by production or guitar tone anyway. unless the guitars have the sound of a saxaphone, which can be emulated on guitar pro anyway

See, I understand that the notes are the same and it might help someone who is trying to learn how to play the song... but it seems ridiculous to claim that listening to a midi synthesized version of a song will give you ANY clue as to what the original song, played on real instruments by an actual band of human beings, will sound like.

And like it or not, without the vocals you really have no idea what the song is really like. Regardless of whether you particularly care for them, vocals are an extremely integral part of a song... they can make or break a band's sound.

I think the reason everyone got pissed off at you is because you dismissed Riverside's music as crap only having heard midi synthesized, vocal-less versions of their songs, something nobody here (myself included) can fathom.

My god, you actually got Guitar Pro from "sneaky" way, and you prefer listening to a mutilated song than download the song in a "sneaky" way too pretending it's cheaper...? :erk:

And you're actually saying the voice is unimportant...? :erk:

And you don't fucking care if it is midi or a real song...?:erk:

What the fuck, then just create your masterpieces on Guitar Pro, record them and sell them, obviously they will be the best ever beacuse they are cheap to record, and are ACTUALLY VERY SIMILAR TO A REAL SONG :erk:

Oh my god, I didn't really think I'd ever say this but:

evenseriousercatet6.jpg

You, sir, are full of fail.

rofl dont use the 'real human beings' card. however 'human' someones playing may be, it can still be emulated on guitar pro. its NOT ridiculous, i dont see whats so fucking hard to comprehend. if i played all of opeths guitar parts on a saxaphone, it would still give me a clue as to what the real opeth parts would sound like

and whether YOU like it or not, i dont give a stuff about vocals and i dont listen to them at all, so they arent an integral part.

and to anyone that was offended because i said riverside suck having heard only guitar pro, my heart fucking bleeds for you

^^i would create my own masterpieces on guitar pro, but its people like you that would totally disregard them. even though they are essentially the SAME FUCKING NOTES but with a different tone. wow, im sure itll make the world of difference. i love listening to for absent friends on both guitar pro and .wma, its just unfortunate that guitar pro 5.2 takes up alot of system memory and lags when i do other stuff. also creating my own masterpieces on guitar pro would give me access to instruments i wouldnt usually have. dont be so quick to dismiss guitar pro

and if you think thats erk or whatever, really i dont mind. carta your opinion has never been valid to me, especially after you didnt reply to me in an earlier thread. nice dodge, i dont have time to reply in a week. whatever pal, come back when youve replied to me there

^ I didn't reply to you nor anybody else for a week, since I've been on vacation.
And, your guitar pro ass kissing is pretty much self explanatory, as is the fact the everybody here is against you. What's preventing you to sell your music made with Guitar Pro? Come on, make it, I'm sure somebody will buy it, unless you're really the only lonely asshole that... I don't even know what's after that, it's such an incommensurable amount of turgid shit you've just expelled from your mouth (or fingertips, seeing how we are on an internet forum) that I just can't describe it.

Come on, public your masterpieces, if more than 4 people who are not your parents say that it is GREAT, GOOD, or whatever positive comment they have, regarding things soundwise, writingwise and atmosphericallywise (two of those doesn't seem to be important in music, according to you) then I will give you a bajillion dollars.

Oh, would you mind telling us why you listen to Opeth in the first place? They have a voice and atmosphere, they have heavy parts, you know... or maybe you just turned down the volume of the distorted gutars in guitar pro and concentrate on the pure sound of drums without heavy bass and bass guitars.

^ I didn't reply to you nor anybody else for a week, since I've been on vacation.
And, your guitar pro ass kissing is pretty much self explanatory, as is the fact the everybody here is against you. What's preventing you to sell your music made with Guitar Pro? Come on, make it, I'm sure somebody will buy it, unless you're really the only lonely asshole that... I don't even know what's after that, it's such an incommensurable amount of turgid shit you've just expelled from your mouth (or fingertips, seeing how we are on an internet forum) that I just can't describe it.

Come on, public your masterpieces, if more than 4 people who are not your parents say that it is GREAT, GOOD, or whatever positive comment they have, regarding things soundwise, writingwise and atmosphericallywise (two of those doesn't seem to be important in music, according to you) then I will give you a bajillion dollars.

Oh, would you mind telling us why you listen to Opeth in the first place? They have a voice and atmosphere, they have heavy parts, you know... or maybe you just turned down the volume of the distorted gutars in guitar pro and concentrate on the pure sound of drums without heavy bass and bass guitars.

if i had masterpieces i probably would release them on guitar pro. i dont have any, and i dont have any intention on making any. doing so would serve a few purposes, one obviously being that it would be much cheaper for people. all it would cost would be the price of buying guitar pro, but all gp5 or whatever files would be free. saving people 30bucks for a cd or whatever the hilarious price they are today

and to be honest, i really wouldnt give a shit if you or anyone else wouldnt buy anything i record. why? because what other people think about my music has no bearing. i dont care if you, anyone else on this forum thinks it sucks or wont buy it, just in the same way im sure 50cent is heartbroken that you wont be buying his new album. if i were to make music, i sure as fuck wouldnt be catering it to your wants, only mine

oh and...whenever i listen to opeth, i switch all electric guitar pats to nylon string, all bass to double bass, all keys and synths to acoustic piano. i might add some cello too. i listen to the opeth songs i like, not the ones i dont like, i think that was established. not all opeth songs and distorted and heavy

oh and...whenever i listen to opeth, i switch all electric guitar pats to nylon string, all bass to double bass, all keys and synths to acoustic piano. i might add some cello too. i listen to the opeth songs i like, not the ones i dont like, i think that was established. not all opeth songs and distorted and heavy

This. This is going right in my sig. Sorry dude, but

EpicFailRoundup001.jpg

he has got to be some troll laughing his ass of at us for being too stupid to realize it...otherwise i just feel sorry for him :D
music is a subjective matter, but this is going too far :D

Sorry to interrupt the beating on Vuashke, which I am all for... as he's a fucking moron, but my friend gave me a copy of Guitar Pro and I don't know how to use it yet. Does anyone have any links to any tutorials or anything. The recourses on the GP site were useless.

what do you need to know? most of the stuff is pretty simple to figure out, just hover the cursor over the icon and it should give you its name

edit: i just realized that you are italian carta. now i feel really sad for laughing at you