Opeth next album prediction based on current members

{-sapob-}

Dec 17, 2008
If we actually analysed Opeth at the time being i think we could do a fairly good prediction.

Ok two new members.
Axe - likes to play fast, but has bloodbath to to that and is influenced by Ian Pace.
Fred - Likes to shred....and has....a good heart.
Older members
Mike - the brain of the beast, but weve seen him let go of the reigns a bit as of late.
Mendez - Ive never seen him to be much of a writer except for his riffs.
Per - wrote derelict herds, which is a solid track with some perks.

i suppose it could go both ways really.
We all know the credentials are there to do a completely brootal album.
But there is also a potential prog rock album there.
I guess it all comes down to what's in Mikes head at the time.
He could be into some new six feet under, and decide to chuck in some "death'n'roll"

I dunno. What are your takes?

ILL just brainstorm alittle

I think it should be more dramatic, more shocking, more unpredictable, less repetitive, more risks, more different music styles, more feeling, grander atmosphere, more guitar harmonies, better balance of clean vocals&growls, more seriousness, more evil, more gloomy, more trippy, more moody, i think they should really test their abilities on the next opus.

good luck OPETH on your next masterpiece.

I believe they're going more technical as they've the ability nowadays. However, I also believe that there will be more complex arrangements in the style of Hessian Peel. I certainly hope for a more metal type of an album with more of that good and inspiring riffing heard on Watershed.

I want atmosphere. Not the weak Watershed atmosphere.

I want the strength of the atmosphere of Morningrise, MAYH, Still Life and BWP with the production of the later albums.

Oh, and the twin guitar harmonies would be kick ass too :kickass:

I want Ayreon, Burzum, Cradle of Filth, Dream Theater, Edguy, Finntroll, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kalmah, Liquid tension experiment, Megadeth, Nile, Pantera, Queen, Rhapsody, Subway to sally, Testament, Ulver, Venom, Wintersun, Xysma, Yes and Zero hour.

I think that the Lotus Eater is perhaps the biggest clue as to where Opeth will go with the next album.

I think that the Lotus Eater is perhaps the biggest clue as to where Opeth will go with the next album.

yea, thats what mike has said in several interviews. i think that could mean some pretty damn interesting prog music, but probably not too heavy :(