Opeth next album prediction based on current members

I love Watershed's atmosphere, it's pretty dark..

and why I love opeth is that every album have a distinct sound and atmosphere that each album is different than the other but still has the Opeth sound to it.

so, what I expect from opeth's new record will be totally differen that some metalheads will just say "aww fuck this, Still life kicks ass better" instead of really experiencing the album's concept, theme, and etc..

and I'm pretty sure it'll still be an Opeth record..

Nevermind HemeHaci, really. I was talking about influence, not direct riff writing.

Yeah I'm a moron, but I don't think I'm wrong of being one. At least it was humouristic, so I appreciate.

You made me feel like a jerk, I am sorry. Normally its not my style to talk that blunt..

Nevermind lets keep on rolling:kickass:

I'd either prefer they err towards something mellow or something heavy, seems like the past 2 albums seem somewhat identity crisis-ish, that's not to say they didn't have some amazing songs on them (Baying, Beneath The Mire, Hessian, Lotus) but overall the last 2 albums have some less than stellar, dare I say... filler in them, as well as seem to lack an overall direction.

Anyway, either something heavier in the vein of Blackwater Park or more in more of a mellow proggy sound like Damnation (and as a previous poster said, Camel)

:kickass:

Next album prediction : 2010, for sure.
Also : NO MORE DAMNATION (I'm quoting Mikael), not sure what you mean by "-like", though.

Well, I mean in that style, not necessarily without any death vocals, but more mellow and proggy. It can also happen that they repeat the same formula as on Watershed, but that is unlikely because these guys don't like to repeat themselves too much. That's the impression I've got thru these 4 years of listening to them. I believe the next album can be either less dark and heavy than Watershed and GR or even darker and heavier.:Smokedev:

One thing that could happen, since the songs on the last album are generally shorter than those on previous albums, is that we get a more "mainstream" album, like Metallica did with Black Album. That means more songs and shorter songs. That can happen especially if Mike gives Freddy and Per more creative space. So we may get another MAYH or another Damnation.;)

I'd like to be more extreme in a sense that there'd be both truly heavy and complex death metal parts in vein of Perserevance-era Death and then some jazzy and minimalistic clean parts. More metal parts, please. One reason I like Deliverance is that all those clean parts are rewarding to the listener as they suddently come. Like the short acoustic section in the end of Wreath.