About to give up on drumagog

uebdlcjsbd fml I was going to post and ask about this. Bought it last night and thought once verified that I would be given a direct link and hard copy whenever it arrived. I'm recording my friends bands EP Friday-Sunday doing 7 songs- I was all excited to get it last night and mess with is for the two days before.:bah:

Oh well- I'll continue as planned but use Drumagog 4 for the time being and just layer and print samples on another session until I get Trigger EX...

Btw, do the included samples with EX have room samples that sound pretty decent?

Well, it WAS over Xmas when I got mine, so they might get right back to you now.
as far as the room samples, I couldn't tell you. I only use it for kick and snare replacement. And I only go about 50% on the snare. Half the sound is the tracked snare mic and the room mics.

The samples in EX, direct and room, are the same ones from the regular SSD product line. You get like z1 and z3 samples for most everything, plus the NRG and some other room samples as well.

Always print any sample replacement. I've owned drumagog since my first ventures into sample replacement and it's the first thing I learnt to do. I'd sell drumagog for trigger if someone was willing to buy it but it's not gonna happen.

You guys don't print your tracks from trigger either?

Also if your still on drumagog like me print your track, beat detective to split the transients and then control+0 to quantize. Sure it takes abit of time but atleast you know everything is perfectly quantized.

Guys, Drumagog 5 is completely phase accurate, with no inconsistencies between hits. If you're comparing Trigger with Drumagog 4, it's not a very fair comparison. Drumagog 4 is an older generation product, while Drumagog 5 is brand new. Early on, when Drumagog 5 was first released, we corrected some bugs which caused triggering issues, but the latest version is rock solid. So if you haven't downloaded a current version, I recommend doing so.

I will also note that if you're using Drumagog 5's plugin hosting feature (which allows you to trigger other virtual instruments from within Drumagog itself), there's no automatic phase alignment going on (Auto Align only works with internal sounds). So depending on the virtual instrument you use, you could have phase issues. Most high quality VSTis (for example BFD, Superior, EZ Drummer, etc.) have properly trimmed samples, so they shouldn't cause problems, but the previous posted mentioned using Kontakt player inside Drumagog with an SSD sample loaded. In that case, it all depends on whether those SSD samples are properly trimmed.

Thanks,
Rim Buntinas
president/founder
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

quick - someone post one of them funny internet pictures of slate laughing all the way to bank.

I'm quite sure Steven Slate's respect towards competition is inversely proportional to your politeness.

The thing is, TRIGGER is a better deal than Drumagog 4 and 5. While 5 does have the interesting ability to run VSTi's such as Superior 2.0/Addictive Drums/etc. within itself, other than that it's got nothing worthwhile over TRIGGER. Even then, that's not that big of a deal, run an instance of S2.0 on it's own and have TRIGGER on each drum track, outputting MIDI to S2.0... or have an instance of Drumagog on each drum track outputting to S2.0 which is running inside one of the Drumag- ...wait, yeah it's the same thing. The resource usage is obnoxious in comparison and the triggering doesn't perform any better than TRIGGER. So 5 may be phase accurate, which is a great improvement over 4, but the price:what you get isn't comparable to the also phase accurate TRIGGER. This is all, of course, just my opinion based on the experiences I have had with the two.

Always print any sample replacement. I've owned drumagog since my first ventures into sample replacement and it's the first thing I learnt to do. I'd sell drumagog for trigger if someone was willing to buy it but it's not gonna happen.

You guys don't print your tracks from trigger either?

I haven't had to print my tracks since switching from Drumagog years ago. Especially not with TRIGGER.

So...

Got Drumagog 5.. I'm 100% happy with this and it's amazingly phase accurate. MUCH recommended.

Haha, yeah that was surprising considering the advises you got in this thread.
(Wonder if it have anything to do with drumagog 5 is not ilok only.. winkwink, without implying to much ;))

...Are you fucking kidding me? Man, you can't suck at taking advice after making it so damn hard to give all the time.

Jeff... I got a REALLY good deal on Drumagog 5.. The customer support there is incredible.. That's all I'm going to say.

Haha, yeah that was surprising considering the advises you got in this thread.
(Wonder if it have anything to do with drumagog 5 is not ilok only.. winkwink, without implying to much ;))

Not at all. The owner, Rim, contacted me and helped me out a lot.. He's a great guy and I really like Drumagog 5

Good to hear. Coz I just upgraded aswell. Lol. Still havent set it it up yet though.
And I'd only consider TRIGGER if they made a package WITHOUT any samples, and not requiring iLok, thus making it cheaper.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure he has free will to do whatever the hell he pleases.