Accept --- overlooked?

Agreed 100%!!

From "Breaker" through "Russian Roulette", this great band was ON PAR with the best of Maiden, Priest, (classic) Metallica, Dio, etc.

Simply stated: their use of the "twin guitar attack" trounces that of Priest, as they generally displayed a greater sense of harmony coupled with melodic aggression. Of course, Udo's vocals - while not terrible - aren't up to par with those of the aformentioned bands.

Great band. :headbang:

SoundMaster said:
Of course, Udo's vocals - while not terrible - aren't up to par with those of the aformentioned bands.

I wouldn't say his vocals weren't up to par, but I will say that he's kind of an acquired taste.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I discovered Restless and Wild purely by accident in 1982. Having bought it deaf I had no idea what to expect. Then on comes a scratchy old phonograph recording of a girl singing gaily...Hi De Hi Do Hi Da... I thought, "oh fuck what did I waste my money on now", and then came the blistering scream and one of the heaviest fastest songs I'd ever heard at the time. Very impressive. It was a very pleasant shock and I still love listening to R&W today with those memories firmly entrenched.

What a coincidence, almost the same here, I swapped my Spinal Tab album, for R&W, I thought, anything must be better than Spinal Tab right?
When I give it the first spin I also thought at first, "what the hell?", and then followed what grew to be one of my favouritte albums (and bands)
The guy I swapped it for later wanted to swap me back, but fought him off like a rabit dog:heh: sucker.
Balls to Wall and Metal Heart both rocks as well and are imo right on par with the biggest names in Metal!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Indeed, it does take a dickweed to know one...after all, they're both out standing in the field, swaying in the breeze, and arguing about whether Accept deserves to be called "overlooked" or whether Andy Kuntz should retire his vocals and hire a real singer. Weeds of a feather grow together! :loco:

You my friend have a deathwish. :zombie: My sikiatris sez i hav dain bramag but i don't no wat that meens. :lol: I'm gonna nail your butt when I catch you, Devan.... err Ryan !!

Bryant