Underrated/Overlooked Albums

Bryant said:
I love the Elton John cover on "No Place for Disgrace." It is one of my favorite covers ever. "Escape From Within" was also a bad-ass song on that release.

Bryant
:) the Elton John cover does Kick ass!
headbob.gif

ashaman7122 said:
Goddam Sixxswine...

It's nice to see we agree on something...

Very nice choice of BS albums with Tony on vocals. Some people will bitch about them being lame, weird, and/or contrived, but I thoroughly enjoy those albums. Solid Dio-esque material worthy of the Black Sabbath name...unlike some of their other albums...

Rock on!
Well with the exception of the dreadful "Forbidden" (which should had never being released), all Tony Martin era since "The Eternal Idol" is great.
I can't understand how no band has beg him to join, considering so many mediocre vocalist out there.

noitcelfer said:
Underrated: One album comes to mind. Flotsam and Jetsam-No Place For Disgrace.

Great album...AK did some of the best metal screams ever. That guy had some range for sure.

Seth

Piledriver - "Stay Ugly". Sad that I just found this speed metal gem.
Gary Moore - "Dirty Fingers". Easily among his top three albums, and yet had a poor distribution at the time, and no one has reissued it.
Blackfoot - "Siogo". A damn fine hard rock album, probably unnoticed because many consider the band Southern rock, or just avoid it totally.

Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour", "Reason"
Atrox - "Contentum", "Terrestrials"
Bathsheba - "Servus"
Détente - "Recognize No Authority"
Drifter - "Reality Turns to Dust"
Fear of God - "Within the Veil"
Hexenhaus - "A Tribute to Insanity"
Madder Mortem - "Deadlands"
Nemesea - "Mana"
Original Sin - "Sin Will Find You Out"
Psychotic Waltz - "A Social Grace"
Sacrilege - "Behind the Realms of Madness", "Within the Prophecy", "Turn Back Trilobite"
Sieges Even - "Life Cycle", "Steps", "A Sense of Change"
Soul Cages - "Moments"
The 3rd and the Mortal - "Tears Laid in Earth"
Znowhite - "Act of God"

While I think many/most of these albums are appreciated by those who know them, thus they might not be considered underrated, they are not well-known, thus they are at least overlooked.

Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour", "Reason"
Hexenhaus - "A Tribute to Insanity"
Znowhite - "Act of God"

While I think many/most of these albums are appreciated by those who know them, thus they might not be considered underrated, they are not well-known, thus they are at least overlooked.

Nice calls!

I think all Hexenhaus albums are overlooked. A damn fine technical thrash outfit.

Nice calls!

I think all Hexenhaus albums are overlooked. A damn fine technical thrash outfit.
Their debut is still my overall fave, especially the epic "As Darkness Falls...", and it's also one of my overall favourite and most-played Thrash Metal albums. My second favourite by them is their last one "Dejavoodoo". It might be their least "thrashy" album, but I really like the melodies/solos on that one. The other two aren't bad, but I hardly listen to them anymore. "Act of God" is also one of my overall favourite Thrash Metal albums and features IMO some of the best rhythm guitar work. I also love the heavy sound.

Reactions: Wyvern
Their debut is still my overall fave, especially the epic "As Darkness Falls...", and it's also one of my overall favourite and most-played Thrash Metal albums. My second favourite by them is their last one "Dejavoodoo". It might be their least "thrashy" album, but I really like the melodies/solos on that one. The other two aren't bad, but I hardly listen to them anymore. "Act of God" is also one of my overall favourite Thrash Metal albums and features IMO some of the best rhythm guitar work. I also love the heavy sound.

Took me a long time to find "Dejavoodoo", and like you I don't listen to their albums very often , but in my defense I have a tons of stuff.

"Act Of God" is a damn bulldozer. My fave there is ' Thunderdome', but 'To The Last Breath' and 'Something Wicked (This Way Comes)' are also mean tunes in that album.

BTW, if you like Anacrusis material, I recommend Kenn Nardi solo albums, "Dancing with the Past" and "Trauma".

Reactions: Burkhard
Took me a long time to find "Dejavoodoo", and like you I don't listen to their albums very often , but in my defense I have a tons of stuff.

"Act Of God" is a damn bulldozer. My fave there is ' Thunderdome', but 'To The Last Breath' and 'Something Wicked (This Way Comes)' are also mean tunes in that album.

BTW, if you like Anacrusis material, I recommend Kenn Nardi solo albums, "Dancing with the Past" and "Trauma".
I found my copy of "Dejavoodoo" in a record store, I think it was Neseblod Records, in Oslo 13 years ago.

An acquaintance sent me a copy of "Dancing with the Past" a few years ago. While I do like the music, I find it very tiring to listen to it in one go. I have the habit of only listening to entire albums (without skipping any songs). Of course, I could split the listening process into at least two sessions, one for each CD. Then again, there are still a lot of other albums I simply like better. And in the case of Anacrusis, when I pick an album, it's usually their debut.

Reactions: Wyvern
I found my copy of "Dejavoodoo" in a record store, I think it was Neseblod Records, in Oslo 13 years ago.

An acquaintance sent me a copy of "Dancing with the Past" a few years ago. While I do like the music, I find it very tiring to listen to it in one go. I have the habit of only listening to entire albums (without skipping any songs). Of course, I could split the listening process into at least two sessions, one for each CD. Then again, there are still a lot of other albums I simply like better. And in the case of Anacrusis, when I pick an album, it's usually their debut.
Some friends of mine think the same, the long span of 2 CDs.

Since I rip all my albums to have them in my iPod too, lately I decided when it come to double CDs, to listen completely the rip, thus I don't fell like I have to switch.

Besides that way I force myself to listen to everything I have somehow, considering all that I purchase I need to justify the expense.