Five perfect heavy metal albums

morbid deceiver said:

Yeah, well, I tried to list a few that weren't already listed or may not have been monster albums. You know, some that may have slipped under most people's radar. And while Among the Living may not even fall in my top 50 ever, it is a perfect metal album.

Thanks, Bryant. I got your back on Metal Heart. :headbang:

Bryant said:
Mere mortal bands wish they could sound like Accept or Vanden Plas.

Remind me to say something sarcastic regarding the issue at PPVII :lol:

Metallica - Ride the Lightning (THE perfect metal album even more so then MOP)

Ozzy - Diary of a Madman (or the Tribute album since the live versions were better)

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (the best of everything and done better live)

Black Sabbath - We sold our souls for Rock n Roll (couldnt decide on any individual BS album so i chose this one)

Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse

and three other ones that probably should be on there:

Danzig - Danzig
Danzig - Lucifuge
Danzig - How the Gods Kill

Where the hell was Operation Mindcrime?

Here's what I can think of off the top of my head:
1. Operation Mindcrime - Ryche (Concept albums don't get better than this, especially for it's time)
2. Metalized - Sword (Classic Metal as it's FINEST)
3. V: New Mythology Suite - Symphony X (an Underrated Gem)
4. Painkiller - Priest (Good God this is an incredible album - their best production, performance and arguably songs... Painkiller is THE metal song).
5. Appetite - GNR (Had to go there.... this is the reason why anyone still gives a damn about Axl).

Oh yeah, and I probably should have tossed some Maiden in there too. :)

Rager93 said:
New here but I love lists.

Hey man! How the hell are ya? Good to see you over here. Wyvern, meet your other roomie for PP.

And everybody else, please welcome a good friend of mine

Wheezer said:
Hey man! How the hell are ya? Good to see you over here. Wyvern, meet your other roomie for PP.

Welcome to the insaniquarium! Hope to meet you soon...I hope you and Brent behave :lol:

Wheezer said:

Aw thanks man. I'll see what I can contribute....I am pretty old school. :headbang:

Well you said you and Bryant were alway on here so I figured this was the place to be. :kickass:

Later
Phil

carnut said:
Be welcomed Ranger93 !! Won't meet you this year, but be sure as hell I'll be at PP next year !!

Thanks. This will be my first and maybe only PP. I'm out in here in sunny California and the trip to Atlanta is costly. Looking forward to it though, bummer you won't be there. I'll finally get to meet up with a bunch of old friend from rec.music.artist.queensryche and that is gonna be a blast. And the show should kick ass too.

Later
Phil

Bryant said:
AC/DC - Back in Black.
Accept - Metal Heart.
Vanden Plas - Christ 0
Dream THeater - I&W
Metallica - MoP

Bryant

Accept and Vanden Plas in a Bryant list? Whodothunk? What's up Bryant? Since you never come to RMAQ anymore I had to stalk you down here. I take you like Christ 0?

Later
Phil

Rager93 said:
Accept and Vanden Plas in a Bryant list? Whodothunk? What's up Bryant? Since you never come to RMAQ anymore I had to stalk you down here. I take you like Christ 0?

Later
Phil

Ha ha ha wasup Phil ? I'll pop in at RMAQ. I simply grew tired of the QR brown-nosers there, blowing smoke about Operation Earcrime II, but I didn't want to be an ass. It IS a QR newsgroup.

"Christ 0" is absolutely mind-numbing to my ears. VP has set a standard that may take years to surpass with that one.

Bryant

Rager93 said:
Aw thanks man. I'll see what I can contribute....I am pretty old school. :headbang:

Well you said you and Bryant were alway on here so I figured this was the place to be. :kickass:

It's good to see you over here. UMOS *is* the place to be. :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

metallica-master of puppets
metallica-ride the lightning
iron maiden-number of the beast
ac/dc-back in black (ehh its metal enough)
slayer-reign in blood

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Welcome to UMOS, Rager! Any friend of Wheezer's is a friend of mine. Of course, you also get docked points for being friends with Bryant. :D I guess that means you break about even!

:lol: :lol: :lol: You and Bryant are going to have to get together sometime. Make it a PPV event to pay for all of UMOS to show up in person!