Acoustic metal - not a genre... yet?

johnny_1_1

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2017
Acoustic guitar can sound pretty heavy if you play metal on it in a way you play it on an electric guitar.
Here are some acoustic metal videos from you tube. It's not a genre, but the attempts are interesting. If you know more, share it in this thread.

1) Production-wise the most serious attempt so far:

2) This guy has tons of covers - the best ones are Deicide songs, in my opinion. Here is one of them:

3) This guy has only one old video, quite sloppy, but I like it, especially the vocals:

The occasional times I've heard thrash songs played acoustic, I've thought there was some untapped potential there. It'd be about the only way to get me listening to acoustic guitar.

The closest thing to original acoustic metal I've heard is some of the stuff from this guy I used to chat to on MySpace, hah:

The occasional times I've heard thrash songs played acoustic, I've thought there was some untapped potential there. It'd be about the only way to get me listening to acoustic guitar.

The closest thing to original acoustic metal I've heard is some of the stuff from this guy I used to chat to on MySpace, hah:

Reminds of metal a bit, but only with general mood. The guitar is not really heavy. Looks like when a metal band makes an acoustic song.

Some of the early Tenhi music is played like metal, particularly black metal, but using only acoustic instruments. Even the vocals on those particular songs are like a lighter take on black metal vocals.

Reactions: johnny_1_1