Adrenaline Mob

I think Octavarium is the best epic from DT. One of the rare songs with some quite melodic stuff from Rudess, especially the intro and most of the moog solo. I like how he played live with the actual thing atleast on the anniversary tour. LaBrie also sounds unusually good on part 2 where he's not trying to push high notes.

Why are we talking about DT again?

Space-Dye Vest is also one of my favourite tracks by DT... along with Disappear. Many people overlook these two tracks, but they're both excellent.

Space-Dye Vest is amazing....Written by Kevin Moore :loco:

By the way Detective, I'm not takin your posts seriously so don't take mine either...I'm such a smartass my own ass takes the ACT for me. I just felt it necessary to go on a rant with the word wanker :lol: Maybe I'm immature..

Derek Sherinian was awesome. I too miss his keys. Rudess is sick though in a different aspect.

If we tally up the number of threads on this board that have turned into Dream Theater rants, and divide that number by how many posts have stayed on-topic...hmm...let's see...

Yes, the answer we have is...

...the equation to Dream Theater's next album!

I agree. Romeo is better than Petrucci.

We don't hate Dream Theater. We just really don't like it anymore.

Btw, we should totally start a new thread to discuss how Romeo is definitely better than Petrucci.

I agree. Romeo is better than Petrucci.

We don't hate Dream Theater. We just really don't like it anymore.

Btw, we should totally start a new thread to discuss how Romeo is definitely better than Petrucci.

Be careful what you wish for...

Lol. Well played, Marwen.

On topic for just a sec:

Iconoclast - #76 on the Billboard Top 200
Omerta - #62 on the Billboard Top 200

Also, Adrenaline Mob will be featured guests on That Metal Show next month. 15+ years of playing in Symphony X never got anyone on VH1!

Why do Symphony X fans hate Dream Theater so much? I love both bands.

When a band people don't like is the most successful / biggest in the genre, people's dislike of it often gets turned into "hate" (i.e. they actively seek out opportunity to mock / criticise them), where as the many people who dislike more obscure bands don't "hate" them so much because they just don't care about them. It's why you will get people on this forum bringing up Dream Theater to criticise them ("This album is great... much better than Dream Theater LOL") but won't find as many incidents of Dream Theater fans belittling Symphony X when they haven't already been mentioned (or else specifically to taunt you :p).

Omerta is awful...Even the Iconoclast haters can agree that Iconoclast > Omerta

Yeah reading the posts from some members on this forum a few months after Iconoclast would have you believe Iconoclast was Omerta... if you really want to see Russell Allen not using his voice well, singing awful lyrics over repetitive, uninspired riffs in boring song structures with little variation or dynamics, look at Adrenaline Mob, not Symphony X.

Lol. Well played, Marwen.

On topic for just a sec:

Iconoclast - #76 on the Billboard Top 200
Omerta - #62 on the Billboard Top 200

Also, Adrenaline Mob will be featured guests on That Metal Show next month. 15+ years of playing in Symphony X never got anyone on VH1!

Hah hah hah... That's how the music business works.

Stupid ass show. The best artist I've ever caught on there while channel surfing was Phil Anselmo, which was awesome. But get the whole SX lineup on their and I'll actually watch the show.