Afraid to go to the show

markgugs said:
I don't see how that pertains to Ripper Owens. If you're attempting to insinuate that he sounds like an "oafish bitch," you don't know a whole lot about vocal talent. But hey, they're your ears. Use 'em however you like.
Owens is great. Barlow is the oafish bitch.

Seems like Travel In Stygian was written for Tim's voice also, and if anyone has ever listened to, or saw him with Priest knows he has a great low range also. Not to take anything away from Matt, but if Tim was able to fill Rob's shoes, I think he will do just fine for IE! :Smokin:

Barlow was in a league of his own when it came to precision, emotion, onstage persona, and the ability to convey the true message of each song.

I respect Schaffer's decision to have Owens on vocs, but I respectfully and completely disagree with him.

I imagine Iced Earth's legacy to be from the years with Barlow.
--

The show is coming my way too...
If anything, I would be there for: 1) Evergrey
2) Iced Earth minus Owens

i thought ripper owens kicked some serious ass. I thought that ripper did an amazing job on the vocals and even better than barlow on most songs except for maybe melancholy and my own saviour.......and when i saw them the only played 2 songs off of TGB + the gettysburg trilogy.

Pyrus said:
Even more annoying than the many and varied misspellings of the word "definitely." I wonder if Mark would write a script plugging in a bunch of misspellings ("definately," "definitily," etc.) changing them to the correct one?

Hey kid I would love to see you write an entire text of your own in french without making any mistakes.

If I was on a French-language message board and French were the dominant language of world cultures that all major industrialized natoins required their schoolchildren to learn, I would take the time to check my spelling and grammar. :p

I kid, mostly. I'm not a Grammar Gestapo agent, and I don't schiz out over every little spelling mistake...I just hate certain typos. don't get so damn defensive.

It's okay. Sometimes I'm pretty tired when I type so I can do mistakes and I rarely check myself. What pisses me is that sometimes people are not understanding at all about others who do grammar mistakes when they type in a language they don't usually use, so I thought it was pretty pointless from you to bitch about it. But as I said, let's forget about it.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Guess what...I didn't go to the show. But it was more to do with a medical condition than my initial post, so it wasn't exactly for the reasons I listed. And no, I am not, "Fucking nuts?!!" as COB stated. Sorry, some people bust out the vasoline for guitar histronics, me personally, I lube up for particular singers. Sorry, Ripper (Rob, jr.) is good, not great. Barlow is the fucking man, period. He IS Iced Earth, IMO. Like I said before, I have seen them 11 times since 1996, in four different states. Sorry, just lucky, I guess.

If you went to the show, good for you. The only thing I regret is missing Evergey.

U.B. OTCH
You really need to see Ripper perform the old material to see what he brings to the table. It's quite amazing, really. And this coming from a fan since the debut.