After ProgPower...

Damn, eating an entire pizza is ridiculously easy. I do it every Wednesday. Large pie with thick crust and onions. Even though I exercise daily and diet most of the week, I treat myself to this each Wednesday. If you diet every day, you'll go insane. Pizza is my crack cocaine. I love it and can't live without it.

See, I try to steer clear of anything with more than 4-5g of fat per serving. And even thats pushing the limits. Though have you ever eaten Papa Johns pizza? One slice is about as filling as eating a hand full of air.

Moderation, for pizza, sure. But I draw the conclusion: Why bother eating 1/4 of a slice of pizza?

A single slice does it for me for lunch. *shrug* I don't limit myself nearly that much on fat intake. Are you vegetarian? I don't see how you could eat much meat with such a strict limit.

Anyway, my point is, I don't think any single food, drink, whatever is inherently that "bad" for you. It's all in context, and depends on the person and their health level, activity level, and metabolism as well as their overall diet. Moderation should be the byword for everything you eat IMO (at least most of the time).

Different strokes and all... more power to everyone who's doing something positive for themselves, regardless of how they're doing it.

Shaye

I agree. Good for everyone doing something, and yes, everyone does it differently. I understand my eating habits would be nearly impossible for others. However, to answer your question: No, I'm not e vegetarian. I <3 meat, but I tend to eat a LOT of turkey and chicken. When I do eat red meat, I get lean cuts and such. However, when I know the fat content in food is high, I don't mind if it's Omega 3's or 6's. IE: Fish and peanut butter. Though I eat peanut butter really sparingly now.

I'm in the same boat as far as my eating habits.
Every now and then I fall off the wagon and consume something totally ridiculous, like that bowl of pasta yesterday...*grr* But then I burned it off today so I don't feel so bad.
The hardest thing about my diet regimen is missing out on foods I really love.
Mac-n-cheese with chocolate milk is my ULTIMATE comfort food and I can't eat that garbage anymore. *sad*
However, the cool thing about it is that I've learned to really enjoy foods that I never would have eaten before.
When I have salads now (practically at every meal) I mix a little olive oil, some lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper.
Toss the greens in and I'm good to go...and it's really surprisingly awesome (I used to be a diehard "Ranch-or-nuthin" girl).
FYI to anyone here who's trying to abstain from an overdose of carbs, I just recently learned that onions, corn, bananas and raisins are PACKED full of carbs and they will throw your kitosis completely offcourse.

...and I'm spent.

*packs up soapbox and bails*

FYI to anyone here who's trying to abstain from an overdose of carbs, I just recently learned that onions, corn, bananas and raisins are PACKED full of carbs and they will throw your kitosis completely offcourse.

The problem with ketosis, is that you don't want to stay in that state for too long. It's a means for kickstarting your metabolism. While I'm not going to complain about the overwhelming carbs in onions and corn, bananas and raisins are fairly good for you - especially bananas - if you are working on an exercise regimen.

And for those who want a good breakfast start, acai paste, sliced bananas, strawberries and blueberries swirled together and topped with granola. Yummy!