after xmas splurge?

boxed_kat

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2009
halifax
www.rockworldeast.com
what are you guys going to blow your christmas money on?
i pretty much got everything i wanted for christmas so the money i got is definatly going towards something really cool. i was thinking THIS its got a way cool all over print... maybe some beer with the left over :kickass:

what about you guys... what are you spending your hard earned christmas money on ?

==> Off Topic Section

163575_mundoimg_aplause-futurama.jpg

do you have the frequency response curve for this monitor?

Mmm not really :/

I have the specs right here

M-Audio Studiophile BX5A Deluxe 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors Specifications:
-Frequency response: 56Hz-22kHz
-Crossover frequency: 3kHz
-Low-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
-High-frequency amplifier power: 30 watts
-Signal-to-noise: > 100dB (typical A-weighted)
-Polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
-Input impedance: 20k ohms balanced,10k ohms unbalanced
-Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
-Power: factory programmed for either 115V ~50/60Hz, 230V~50/60Hz
-Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
-Cabinet: vinyl laminated MDF
-Size: 250 mm x 176 mm x 200 mm

You think they're crap? :lol: From what I was told, theyre pretty flat EQ wise, except a bit "over representative in the high end"
But i'm no expert.. They seemed to be the best deal i could get

i asked because i never found monitor curve graphs, to me they are the most important thing to check out wen buying a monitor, because you can see the "flatness" or the "fidelity". Even if they are measured in "perfect conditions", i know they would sound different in my room, but would be nice for comparing and if there is any frequency peaks to be aware of, or wen the line starts to get flat, etc

i asked because i never found monitor curve graphs, to me they are the most important thing to check out wen buying a monitor, because you can see the "flatness" or the "fidelity". Even if they are measured in "perfect conditions", i know they would sound different in my room, but would be nice for comparing and if there is any frequency peaks to be aware of, or wen the line starts to get flat, etc

yeah i hear ya, i SWORE i saw a graph somewhere on the M-audio product page(i distinctly remember linking this to my friend) but i cant for the life of me find it again, maybe i just dreamt it

i tried to find myself a couple months earlier, failed miserably :lol: but M-Audio does some quality stuff

Indeed, i have the Keystation 61 midi keyboard, as well as the Audiophile 2496 sound card, really pleased with both!