Agalloch fans might be interested...

I know I'm asking this for the zillionth time maybe but does anyone have an idea of what the market looks like, bucks-wise, for them wooden boxes? I'm seriously ripe to part with mine by now.

This album craps down AATG's throat. Marrow... sounds antedated compared to the aforementioned. If only it were released before Ashes, then perhaps the where's Waldo beanie community would have passed this band by.

Hit the nail on the head. As much as I've bashed Ashes Against the Grain over the years, I've always *really* wanted to see this band pick up where they left off with The Mantle and take it somewhere fresh and interesting, which is exactly what they've done here. I was beyond skeptical at first, and it seems the track which did absolutely nothing for me on my initial listen (Black Lake Nidstang) is the one that is slowly seeping into my subconscious and pouring out at the least expected moments. I hate to use the e-word, but the track really does put the word 'epic' and its gratuitous overuse in metal circles into perspective. This album is tasteful, refined, rough-around-the-edges, forceful and emotional charged in all the right places.

I know I'm asking this for the zillionth time maybe but does anyone have an idea of what the market looks like, bucks-wise, for them wooden boxes? I'm seriously ripe to part with mine by now.

I'm definitely in the same camp as Ellestin here. Any takers?

for fun: let's see what kind of potential cash i have in my agalloch investment bank account (sources: ebay and http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=agalloch&x=0&y=0)

from which of this oak, original tape: no idea but at least $100
pale folklore wooden box lp, ltd 60 copies: $400-$450
of stone, wind and pillor: $300
the mantle dlp: $200
ashes against the grain orange dlp: $100 (i had to go through old e-mail order confirmations to check that i even owned this. no shit, couldn't recall. maybe that's a sign that i don't ACTUALLY need to keep it)
ashes wooden box: $100 (just guessing?)
agalloch/nest split: $50-$100
tomorrow will never come 7": $50-$100
the grey ep: no idea but probably not that much
the white ep: APPARENTLY LIKE $70 ALREADY?!?
demonstration archive cd: only $15!

well those are the most potentially expensive items, i don't think regular cd's are worth much (although my pale folklore is apparently the super-first pressing with hard-to-read text on the back) and i can't be arsed to check shirts and whatnot, but hey:

grand total $1485 (at least)

ridiculous

well even if i've under- or overvalued some things; considering the above items cost me maybe $200-$250 total to buy, i reckon any economist would agree that the agalloch fund is a pretty sound short-term investment

The ltd edition of Marrow... goes for around $45.
don't have that. only the regular cd. i've stopped the madness (can't afford to buy a bunch of limited editions nowadays, even if i wanted to, and i lack the desire as well)

it's a really shitty thing to do but honestly, which way to make money in the current economic system isn't?

So whatever happened to that Marrow album? Talk about it came and went surprising quickly considering how much fellatio Agalloch usually gets around these parts.

Did anyone ever really get into this album? I kind of forgot about it. The other day I was listening to Ashes and for a moment thought "Agalloch really needs to get off their asses and put out some kind of follow-up to this." Then I remembered they did. And that it was Marrow. And I was sad.

Edit: I'm listening to it again and it's not as bad as I remembered.

it's not bad, it's a great album and i've been listening to it extensively

the ONLY thing bad about it is the terrible drumming, but i can get over it, i have been able to enjoy some graveland so

Courtesy of Fap Book

"Agalloch have completed the recording of their forthcoming EP entitled “Faustian Echoes”. With acclaimed engineer Billy Anderson at the helm, the band recorded a 20 minute long conceptual and colossal track live onto two-inch tape. The recording took place at Jackpot Studio in Portland, Oregon during March 24th-25th. A release date has yet to be set, but we will keep you all updated through our official Facebook page. This EP will appear on both LP and CD. We have made a photo album of photos taken by Veleda Thorsson of this session."

Demonstration Archives Boxset is also available for purchase.

http://www.eisenton.de/agalloch_box.html

I'm expecting an LA area date to fill one of those TBDs. Nadrick, I expect to see you there. I need to make up for missing Negura Booger like a fucking pussy.

We will continue to update this list as dates/venues and opening acts are confirmed.

Joining us for main support will be TAURUS (featuring Stevie Floyd of DARK CASTLE & Ashley Spungin ex-PURPLE RHINESTONE EAGLE). We are excited by their experimental and challenging music and feel they are a perfect fit for us: http://www.facebook.com/TAURUSISDUST

This tour will mark the release of our recently recorded EP “Faustian Echoes” on both LP and CD. We have taken great care in the design of this release. Sometime before the tour we will have both a streaming and digital download option available. However, the LP and CD versions will only be available at the shows during the dates on the tour and will be available via mail order after the tour.

We will be adding material (both new and old) to our set list and depending on stage time we anticipate playing between 90-120 minutes. The set will rotate each night. We have carefully selected local openers whose music fits the environment of an Agalloch show. Where there are no openers selected, we will play nearly 120 minutes. We are all personal fans of the openers and encourage everyone to show up early to see them.

We will have a variety of merchandise for sale including: 2 new shirt designs, our back catalog, “The Demonstration Archive,” “Marrow of the Spirit” vinyl, a tour poster by Stevie Floyd, original photographic prints by Veleda Thorsson, and various other odds and ends.

NOCTIS V METAL FEST APPEARANCE in Calgary, AB

We are further pleased to announce that we will appear at the Noctis V Metal Fest in Calgary, AB on Sat 9/29

Summer 2012 North American Tour:
24.05.2012 MD - Baltimore / Maryland Death Fest

11.07.2012 OR - Portland / Branx

12.07.2012 WA - Seattle / the Crocodile

13.07.2012 BC - Vancouver / the Rickshaw

14.07.2012 WA - Spokane / the A Club

15.07.2012 TBA

16.07.2012 TBA

17.07.2012 CO - Denver / Bluebird Theater

18.07.2012 NE - Omaha / Waiting Room

19.07.2012 WI - Milwaukee / Miramar Theater

20.07.2012 IL - Chicago / Reggie's