Age, Location, Metal

14 Years old. Been listening to Metal for three years. I really wish you would all stop fucking saying 'Extreme Metal', seeing as, anything not Extreme wouldn't necissarily be Metal, now would it? Anyways. I listen to mainly Metalcore, Death, and Power Metal.

14 Years old. Been listening to Metal for three years. I really wish you would all stop fucking saying 'Extreme Metal', seeing as, anything not Extreme wouldn't necissarily be Metal, now would it? Anyways. I listen to mainly Metalcore, Death, and Power Metal.

Many people enjoy metal (i.e. Dio; Sabbath; Priest, etc.) but not extreme metal (Deicide; Emperor; Morbid Angel, etc.). So yes there is an actual divide between traditional, standard heavy metal and more 'extreme' forms of metal.

Lame... tell us how many years for sure.. from what age... not some lame answer like "all my life" ...

OK. I can't be exact because I was very young. I listened to my older brothers' albums. Alot of Kiss,Sabbath,Floyd,Zeppelin.My mom bought me "Blizzard of Oz"(Still have the album),when I was seven or eight yrs old.(damn my mom is cool!) So to put a number on it, I'll say 26 yrs.:headbang:

im 36 3/4. from northeast pennsylvania.
started into the hard rock about late 70s .
..i had a kiss lunchbox in 1st grade (76/77 destroyer),as did half the class.but i never owned the albums.:erk:
i was always introduced to music by the older kids cause ..well..i didnt know any better.i was 7 or 8 ...and it was just cool to act like you like cool music.

fuck disco!:loco:

i eventually learned to really like hard rock circa 1980.with bands such as AC/DC ,deep purple , black sabbath, and Van halen...never did become a big kiss fan:p

and then metal since about 1981 in middle school ,i guess when metal officialy became "metal" and its own entity for good ,even tho bands like judas priest,iron maiden existed for years and ozzy had just come out.

so that makes it....uhm....a long time:rolleyes: .....

.....im so out of touch with the "modern" metal scene and subgenre differences, i could care less really what ya call it.
i just enjoy good music regardless of "genre".:headbang:

i cant be the oldest one here:Smug: ...or do i just accept it and change my screen name to METHUSALA?:zombie:

"edit",,,oops i spoke too soon...there is a 44 year old here ......:worship: ..all hail the old fuck!!!!!