Akerfeldt's bass work

Travis

Bassist
Jan 2, 2006
Near Albany, NY
www.myspace.com
From what I've read, I understand that Mike did the bass on My Arms, Your Hearse. Does anyone know if he used his fingers as opposed to using a pick?

A simple question, I know, but it seems like 99% of the guitar players out there that play bass as a secondary instrument just use a pick since they already do on guitar. It sounds to me like he's using his fingers, in which case I would be very impressed. I'm curious.
-Travis

Monochrome said:
Akerfeldt only wrote the bass material, Lindgren recorded it. I guess, I heard that he played by finger... not sure at all.

Where did you get that information? I'm 99% sure Mikael said he played all the bass parts on MAYH.

he uses a pick tbh:

mikaelbass7ii.jpg

first in opeth, yes, but not foremost :)

and that he is doodling with a pick on mendez' bass doesnt prove anything about MAYH being recorded with fingers on pick.

i think it's pick though. but who cares, the bass lines in MAYH are boring anyway.

My Arms said:
Someone have to be the counterweight of the grand chunck of cement and boring deadweight that is you :erk:

Flame me plx im overtired so i can handle it ;o

yes, im SOOO boring. because youre just setting the world on fire with all the extremely interesting and productive things you say.

the audience's most comment answer? "I wanted to see what he'd say next."

actually they set up a line of bass guitars at then end of the worlds biggest slip n slide, mike lathered himself up with butter and grease and slid naked at pace, when he hit the guitars at the end he made movements with his dick and they recorded each fragment of noise that came from this act, and that is precisely how the bass for MAYH was made and recorded