Album Of The Year?

let's see...
DT-DD. - . BG - ANATO. - . DT - 6DOIT .-. S - TCWL

but I haven't heard the new Vintersorg, haven't heard the new Lake Of Tears, haven't heard new Opeth and haven't heard new Lacuna Coil...and I suck for that :cry:

/fv (A Night At The Turbulence Of The Cold White Light Done)

it's too early for the album of the year :p yeah,for sure,since i was thinking about it today and found myself in a messy state..... :cry:
and at the moment i don't even recall all the 2002 releases i've
bought.
anyway,i guess it will be sth like
"Arcturus-the sham mirrors
Madder Mortem- deadlands
Opeth-deliverance"
even though the second i still don't possess :cry: and the latter i haven't listened to properly (yet managed to destroy :cry: )

:bah: my list this year be more biased than ever

and ooops,i forgot Ulver-silencing the singing ( :D ok,kidding)

@Miolo: The new Rush album is that good? If you like it, I will check it out, let's see if my italian clone has something to teach me... :D

I thought that Rush were back to gain some money, 'cos I'm a bit disappointed with bands that were live legends and now are flesh for the MTV "rock" shows.

About the "album of the year", I don't like to answer such questions, it reminds me the Miss Universe show (Opeth has good legs, but I liked the speech of Miss Immortal... uhmmm...). I love Symphony X's "The Odyssey". :p

|ng.

Edit: Toy atontao.

oh! I haven't listened to S-X new stuff :waaaaaah: damn I pretty damn lost!!!!
and also new Nightingale will be something to consider!!!!

@|ngenius: yep, the new Rush album is just brilliant, and that surprised me too, since the two previous releases were not so good, and with all that happened in the private life of the band members, i thought they wouldn't have been able to go out with a new masterpiece. actually, they did it; they haven't copied themselves nor used a completely different sound from the usual one. "Vapor Trails" is just how the Rush of "2112", "Hemispheres", "Moving Pictures" and so on, would sound in 2002, and is wonderful.

Now that my little advertisement has ended, go buy it!!! :D or maybe just download (oops, can i say this? :p ) some songs like "Ceiling Unlimited", "Ghost Rider" or "Sweet Miracle"; anyway, all songs on that album are worthy. ;)

By the way, in these days i'm listening only to "The Odyssey" and i must say that it can seriously compete for the title, we'll see at the end of the year. ;)

Miolo

DD was good, but nowhere near album of the year material...sorry

i haven't even heard it yet, but opeth would have to have gotten pretty shit if its not up there.

expanding senses (darkane) was fucking awesome...better than DD :)

& in darkened shrines, nile.

Miolo's right. I've... er... taken this song from the forbidden and "all-the-time-surrounded-by-fog" corner of the Internet (where only the malevolent creations of the universe can gain access), and... it's wonderful. Miolo, you're my official italian clone, without any room of doubt.

|ng (who doesn't dload illegal stuff from the net)

1. Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
2. Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
3. Opeth - Deliverance
4. Nightwish - Century Child
5. Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos

Originally posted by silentplanetscot
i cant believe how many people have mentioned soilwork nbc? its a crap cd,very mellow? its there worst, predators potrait blows it away!!!

...by the way, I completely agree with every single word!

i think i have to give the thumbs up to Damage Done this year. i REALLY love Reroute to Remain too, though. actually they are both worthy of high praises.

erm...but... those darned In Flames guys.... :err: i guess i'm still a little upset about them closing their forums/fan interactive features, or at least the way they went about it. :rolleyes:

first half of this year was good. Those days released some good albums (Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done, Evergrey - In Search of Truth, Immortal - Sons of Northern Darknes).

In the summer there weren't any special releases.
In autumn released plenty of good albums (let's just take one - Amon Amarth - Versus the World)

Well, in my opinion the best album of this year for me is Evergrey - In Search of Truth

1.) Spock's Beard - Snow
2.) Symphony X - The Odyssey
3.) Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music
4.) Opeth - Deliverance
5.) Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera