Albums currently displeasing your ass

CageHellDestroyer.jpg

I've tried getting into this many times but I can't,I can't seem to sit through the whole album.Despite the positive reviews and that I really enjoy 'Darker than Black'.

Exodus - Exhibit A

I was cruising Youtube, and totally digging on Exodus' new material, so I ordered both Exhibit A and B from Amazon.

Now that I am listening to A....it just seems so weak. Great crunch and power...but some of the riffs are just too simple and not pleasing.

Bedlam 1-2-3 is pretty strong though.

Just wish I would have spent my money on another CD...Face Down - Mindfield....or maybe the new Blind Guardian.

I can pretty much tell by looking at it that that is inexplicably fucking bad and/or homosexual (in the bad way).

Haha, loved that last (in the bad way) comment.

Poetryforthepoisoned.jpg

Yet another Power Metal band that used to be great in the 90s.

^So agree, boring shit. When they stopped the power metal thing and got more progressive everything turned to boredom.

Other albums that have hugely disappointed me released this year:
19c48427-4c70-46ad-8d6f-7328aef1e6f0.jpg

I fucking loved their debut album, but this is just horrible. Nothing stands out.

Cover.jpg

These guys use to be so unique, not just another black metal band. Comparing this to the atmosphere of Ultima Thulée and Memoria Vetusta albums is a disgrace. Sounds like they are trying to turn into some kind of Sunn O))) with this dragging, boring, simple black metal act.

That's disappointing to hear about the new Blut Aus Nord. I haven't listened yet but if they are as you describe, I won't like it either.

Spirirual-beggars-Return-To-Zero-jpg.jpg

God what a letdown. This is one of my favorite bands from the stoner genre, but this album really is incredibly dull. The new singer (some guy from Firewind) doesn't really fit the band, Michael Amott's riffs are lackluster to say the least. There are some cool leads and decent solos, but they lack the typical blues-y/stoner sound and there's nothing fun or catchy about it anymore. Just a really big disappointment.

Firewind's singer doing stoner rock? wtf That's a fairly bizarre gap to bridge (power metal to stoner rock?)... and I can imagine it sounds like shit.

I haven't heard that album, but JB's vocals were the best thing about the last two Beggar albums so I can imagine that the quality has dropped with this guy.