Albums currently kicking your ass

350987.jpg

Funny, I thought Aura was the only Bölzer release. Didn't know about this shit. The EP is good.

Please do show a copout. To begin with, if a person doesn't like symphonic elements, or doesn't like them in their death metal cereal, that's fine. But then don't bother commenting on it. Especially referring to those elements as "gimmicky". I could levy the same charge at "playing super fast", playing super slow, distortion, odd and/or extreme vocals, etc etc etc etc etc.

The weapon of preference against the yoda is to bring up the fact not all bands can be signed to SKR.

So what's that album compared to the others? The debut is my favorite, given the brutal death metal side. After that, the second album dumped the bdm sound for something more like blackened death and to me they just aren't as good as Septicflesh in their second album form.

I saw them live recently, and their sound was godawful. The guitars were all muddled and all you heard were the symphonic sounds. I want to like Fleshgod Apocalypse, but I'm afraid their death metal isn't on par with their symphonies at all.

Forgot how much I loved this album:
21837.jpg

I saw them live recently, and their sound was godawful. The guitars were all muddled and all you heard were the symphonic sounds. I want to like Fleshgod Apocalypse, but I'm afraid their death metal isn't on par with their symphonies at all.

I saw them live recently as well supporting Wintersun and it was the worst concert ive ever been to. Sound was so bad for every band that they all just sounded the same. Had to leave before the end because i couldnt tell the songs apart.

Im suprised at the reviews on Metal Archives. I think its better than Agony.

The weapon of preference against the yoda is to bring up the fact not all bands can be signed to SKR.

So what's that album compared to the others? The debut is my favorite, given the brutal death metal side. After that, the second album dumped the bdm sound for something more like blackened death and to me they just aren't as good as Septicflesh in their second album form.

Yeah, Labyrinth is less brutal. I wouldn't even call it "symphonic" as much as "operatic/thematic", like the group sat around and listened to a lot of Carach Angren before writing the album. Each on of their albums is slightly different, and I like them all for what they are.

I saw them live recently as well supporting Wintersun and it was the worst concert ive ever been to. Sound was so bad for every band that they all just sounded the same. Had to leave before the end because i couldnt tell the songs apart.

Im suprised at the reviews on Metal Archives. I think its better than Agony.

This is why I don't place a lot of stock on the sound mixing for live concerts. It's one thing if a band can't play their material, or have no energy, or whatever. They can't help if the acoustics of the place suck, or the sound guys suck, etc.

I don't think it's "better" than Agony because it's simply such a different record. They stand independently good.

Please do show a copout. To begin with, if a person doesn't like symphonic elements, or doesn't like them in their death metal cereal, that's fine. But then don't bother commenting on it. Especially referring to those elements as "gimmicky". I could levy the same charge at "playing super fast", playing super slow, distortion, odd and/or extreme vocals, etc etc etc etc etc.

Well dude, that's like, your opinion, man.

Listening to a lot of Baroness, specifically Blue Record and Yellow & Green. Also Sleep's Holy Mountain, Red Fang's self titled, Revocation's Teratogenesis and self titled, and some old Annihilator.

Wow, why did I wait so long to give this a listen. It's faster and a bit more restless than Oath Bund, sounds more like Dol Guldur which is cool.

summoningoldmorningsdawn.jpg