Albums currently kicking your ass

Yeah I used to spin this one a lot. Has been quite some time. Might pick it back up.

I use to spin it a lot also and do not listen to Symphonic BM. Not even that much BM to begin with. Vermin was cool too. Can't say I have heard Slaves of the World.

I use to spin it a lot also and do not listen to Symphonic BM. Not even that much BM to begin with. Vermin was cool too. Can't say I have heard Slaves of the World.

Slaves of the World is nothing special. It would have been so much better if the drums didn't sound so annoying. The best track is the rerecording of Born of the Flickering but that's from the Vermin sessions.

0000514090_500.jpg

1394.jpg

139.jpg

Swedish powah X 3 :)

Yeah, you could skip Slaves of the World, and Vermin is just okay. Old Man's Child has been a kinda uneven band.

In Defiance and Vermin are good, and a couple that I barely remember from their back catalog are ok, but they really are quite uneven in their quality from one release to the next.

It's altar of plagues - mammal.
Post rock/shoegaze/whatever black metal done right. Granted, if you dont like post rock, I'd avoid it.

Great artwork. How is it? I do not like most power metal, so far all I like is some Helloween, Blind Guardian, and Demons & Wizards, but I'll try anything.

Funny, fans of Blind Guardian and Helloween are exactly the people I would recommend Defender to. The album is written and played by von Segebaden of Dawn, and was released on Necropolis, which might give a hint that it's not your average Euro power metal.

Last edited by a moderator: