Albums To Look Forward to this year

Symphony X's Paradise Lost a definite must.

not sure if these 2 will come out this year or 2008, but Sonata Arctica and Dream Theater's new albums (dunno what theyre called or if theyve announced titles for them yet)

Edit: k i found out sonata's new album name. its called Unia. sounds fuckin awsome already. lol

Pain Of Salvation (is out but didn't pick it up yet), Symphorce, Brainstorm (still to be recorded, supposed to come out in the fall I think)... otherwise I haven't given it much thought yet.

For years I had to listen to all sorts of music and all the time because of the webzine I had, which I closed down last November because it all got too much, and I'm still in a sort of anti-music state.... relieved that I finally can listen to the bands *I* want to listen to (it's not that I enjoy that any less once I do), but I'm also just happy with some peace and quiet and sometimes don't listen to music for the whole day.

Evergrey, Symphony X, Kamelot, Redemption, Dark Tranquillity, Orphaned Land, Threshold, Symphorce, Brainstorm....theres plenty more, but thats just a few off the top of my head.

Pain Of Salvation (is out but didn't pick it up yet), Symphorce, Brainstorm (still to be recorded, supposed to come out in the fall I think)... otherwise I haven't given it much thought yet.

For years I had to listen to all sorts of music and all the time because of the webzine I had, which I closed down last November because it all got too much, and I'm still in a sort of anti-music state.... relieved that I finally can listen to the bands *I* want to listen to (it's not that I enjoy that any less once I do), but I'm also just happy with some peace and quiet and sometimes don't listen to music for the whole day.

Hey Marlies, what do you think of the new Symphorce stuff? So far, I really like what I've heard even though I'm a much bigger Brainstorm fan.

oh man i completely forgot about the new Pain of salvation and Dark Tranquillity>.<

Kamelot's coming out with a new album?

I thought Nightwish broke up once the singer left.

oh man i completely forgot about the new Pain of salvation and Dark Tranquillity>.<

Kamelot's coming out with a new album?

I thought Nightwish broke up once the singer left.

Yes, Kamelot is supposed to have a new album coming out..I can't remember when exactly, but I hope it is as good or better than the Black Halo. Nightwish is supposed to announce a new single with a new vocalist in the coming months and is rumored to be doing a US tour this fall. Speaking of which, the new Nightwish is another I'm looking forward to, I have no doubt that Tuomas will find a worthy replacement for Tarja.

I think Opeth is either coming out with a new album this year or next year I'm not sure which, but I hope it's this year.
I can't wait to see what they're new drummer will sound like.

I think Opeth is either coming out with a new album this year or next year I'm not sure which, but I hope it's this year.
I can't wait to see what they're new drummer will sound like.

I hope the new Opeth comes out this year. Definantly one of my favorite bands. And Martin Axenrot is a hell of a drummer if you ask me. I thought he was fantastic live and I'm sure he will be great on the new album.

Symphony X, Dream Theater, Threshold, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Kamelot, Redemption.....

^ Pakistexican88x

Please do not say that!!!!! Maybe Paradise Lost will come out in 2008????? :)
I'm constantly on their forum in search of news, I can't believe they will keep the secret of the release for so much more.

If the release is in 2008, they will lost a fanboy (WTF) :headbang: