Albums To Look Forward to this year

haha Dream Theater was also recently signed to Roadrunner. DragonForce will finally get some aid to kick the crap out of all these other metalcore bands on Roadrunner. haha

A lot of good bands, certainly a lot of my favorites are now on the Roadrunner roster.

Megadeth, Black Label Society, Trivium, to name a few.

Dragon Force.

A lot more technical and musically talented bands. Not just the usual gimmicky bands I used to associate with Roadrunner.

haha Dream Theater was also recently signed to Roadrunner. DragonForce will finally get some aid to kick the crap out of all these other metalcore bands on Roadrunner. haha

I did not know that DT was on roadrunner. How about that?

Well CKY is also on there, and though they aren't as hard as most bands on the roster, I can't believe Nickel(shit)Back is still on RR, or were, last I heard.

The labels always have ONE band that's so out of place, like the Goo Goo Dolls, who were on Metal Blade at one point or another.

Anyway, as far as the Crusade is concerned, I rather enjoyed it.

Ascendancy I thought was the rip off of Metallica, at least the re-release with the blatant, though fairly well done cover of Puppets.

Compared to the other puppet covers they did for Metal Hammer, Trivium did it some justice.

The Crusade I like because it has elements of the old Metallica we will probably never hear again.

There's nothing wrong with a little or a LOT of old school thrash in the new
Trivium.

I even like how their new merch has this fantasy motif, Demons, Wizards, and Dragons.

Kind of like Iced Earth/Blind Guardian style.

I like Trivium's decision to step in that direction, which brings new fans into some really cool old school shit.

But that's just me. The wheel's already been reinvented. Just watch it roll.

I am looking forward to Symphony X first and foremost. Its been too long and I need my fix! :)

Others:

Beyond Fallen - Mind Fire
Machine Head - The Blackening
Machine Men - Circus of Fools
Mechanical Poet - Creepy Tales for Freaky Children
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura
Onslaught - Killing Peace
Rose Tattoo - Blood Brothers
Dominici - O3 - A Trilogy, pt. II
Threshold - Dead Reckoning
Waltari - Release Date
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Kamelot - ???
Nevermore???

I am sure I forgot a few 100 bands :lol:

Besides some of the previously mentioned, I'm looking forward towards
Naglfar - Harvest - February 23rd
Single Bullet Theory - The Killing Floor - TBA

fairly well done cover of Puppets.

Compared to the other puppet covers they did for Metal Hammer, Trivium did it some justice.

The Crusade I like because it has elements of the old Metallica we will probably never hear again.
yea ill actually give them that much. i actually surprised myself when i found myself liking their cover over DT's

Opeth is also on RR

oh hey. i learned another new thing XD

Lets not forget that these older guys are coming out with a new album too:
RUSH!!
I personally hope its better than Vapor Trails, it was a good album but certainly not up to Rush standerds I felt.

oh god... there are too many. not sure when they're coming out though:

soon: Symphony X, Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir, Kamelot, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Evergrey, Iced Earth, Rush

may have begun being recorded: Beyond the Embrace, Jag Panzer, Negative Hate, King Diamond, Nevermore, Nile, Spiral Architect, Devin Townsend

Machine Head, Opeth, Dark Tranquility, Nightrage, Behemoth

What do you guys think of Nightrage's new singer, I'm not sure if I like him or not. Any Idea as to what else he's played in?