Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Me neither. They are said to be either crap or too expensive. I bought myself a used 80s Blaupunkt last year and I'm very content with it.

There's still a Sony (it's a Sony ;)) turntable at home, and I guess I'll keep it when I move out because I'm the only one who plays LP at home hahaha.

Djöfull;9815257 said:
I don't understand how people can not be amazed, due to educational purpose or just awe.

Anyway, The method of preservation is called plastination. Fats and fluids are first extracted from the tissues and then the body is put into formaldehyde which preserves it temporarily. then Piece by piece polymers(some gases) are injected into the tissue so that it becomes kind of plastic like.

Flowers in formaldehyde.

My CD player died and I miss it so much. The sound quality is simply better. I have tons of original albums and, it doesn't matter if I rip them in 320, I still find the sound different.

My CD player died and I miss it so much. The sound quality is simply better. I have tons of original albums and, it doesn't matter if I rip them in 320, I still find the sound different.

I still have my discman, it's awesome. Yeah, sound quality will always be better when the CD is played directly, and not ripped in X quality.

I need to buy both The Offspring's "Conspiracy of One" and RHCP "Stadium Arcadium" LPs, apparently they're some of the best LPs ever produced (the SA LP actually won an award).

It should basically be inaudible, unless you use your monitors as your headphones like me. I rip records that I *love* as wavs or lossless so that I can listen to them as such. It's amazing. But you need a 2TB drive to deal with it.

Actually it's a bit weird story. I wanted to get a tattoo like Jenny and Steve of Omnia (relatively famous pagan folk band in NL)
2720414134_d3b0e0d986.jpg
4875791182_c751632ee4.jpg

but then maybe with a little more vines and leaves. I went to the same tattoo artist that did Steve's head tattoos and asked for a stylized Jenny tattoo. She said that she wouldn't do that because Jenny and Steve wouldn't like other people to have the same tats o_O They both have matching style designed by Steve, and these vines can be also found on all Omnia merch and website design etc. So it was kinda copyrighted :ill: I was a bit put off and considered to go to another tattoo artist who isn't acquainted with Omnia, because i'm sure i could have found one who wouldn't have been making a problem out of it... After all i ended up designing my own tat in the same style and went back to the same artist who tattooed Steve. She was very impressed by my design so she agreed to do it. :)

To make the long story short: my tat looks like vines with leaves and looks a lot like Omnia designs. It covers my entire upper right arm and it already took 3 hours to put on the line art. The next session will probably also take about 3 hours to fill in the lines o_O

aha nice story!!!
i like it soooo much!!! do you want it so big? but even if big it's really soft and delicate, so i think it fits well on you!!!
i love its lightness, not so much ink in it :)

I checked Omnia out about 2 years ago and the sounded interesting.( the guy on the pic looks a bit weird) Any recommendations?

Leaves and branches appear as a cool idea for a tattoo. :)

aha nice story!!!
i like it soooo much!!! do you want it so big? but even if big it's really soft and delicate, so i think it fits well on you!!!
i love its lightness, not so much ink in it :)
haha well my version is much more crowded than Jenny's so i think you would maybe like it less then :) i'll make pictures when it's finished ;)
Djöfull;9837455 said:
I checked Omnia out about 2 years ago and the sounded interesting.( the guy on the pic looks a bit weird) Any recommendations?
i'd recommend the "best of" called World of Omnia. Of the albums you can check out Alive! or Pagan Folk. Don't bother for their latest release as they sadly chose the commercial path, or what you'd call "sold out" :cry:

Hmm..

I thought it was photoshopped @ first. Confused at first but grew to like it... Opeth has always been a serious band, but maybe it's time to evolve a bit. The cover might be seen as dead serious also... I keep an open mind about the progressive direction they'll probably take. And I like 70s prog as this is reminiscent of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid of that as well, but will try with a cleaning disc first, as soon as I find one.

And I do have an iPod, but the cd-player is essential to me as I need it to make copies of my lp's. And no, I don't have any plans on getting a usb lp-player at the moment, as I only recently got the one I have and it works great. Although, it will probably go that way eventually...

What was the verdict on that CD player?

Why all these complains about the Heritage's artwork? Im not into Opeth anymore but i liked the new cover..very symbolic, and makes me curious to listen to it, maybe i will give a chance haha, but im anxiouus for the new Symphony-x cd, dammmnnn sounds so awesome

Djöfull;9844824 said:
Hmm.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYNnF3TjSEw

I thought it was photoshopped @ first. Confused at first but grew to like it... Opeth has always been a serious band, but maybe it's time to evolve a bit. The cover might be seen as dead serious also... I keep an open mind about the progressive direction they'll probably take. And I like 70s prog as this is reminiscent of that.

:lol: LOVE Monty Python hahahaha! It's OK to have an open mind, but damn, those faces sure ruin everything.

When I saw this yesterday I was hoping for a bad joke. I still am.

I'm sure most Opeth fans are hoping that too haha.

omg :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: priceless!!
thnx for sharing! :kickass:

there used to be an endless thread on the now closed Opeth forum called PhotoshOpeth... This could straight have come from there :lol:
The message behind the picture is obvious. I love it!

here's a bigger version of it:
http://gunshyassassin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/heritage.jpg

:lol: yeah at first I thought it was a joke, then I was like "WTF? IT'S THE ACTUAL COVER???" And so I started laughing like a maniac hahaha.

Sigurðr;9847356 said:
Why all these complains about the Heritage's artwork? Im not into Opeth anymore but i liked the new cover..very symbolic, and makes me curious to listen to it, maybe i will give a chance haha, but im anxiouus for the new Symphony-x cd, dammmnnn sounds so awesome

The thing is that the cover, despite a slight hardcore-ish approach, is OK, but the faces totally blow it.

But you've got to admit that they've guts for releasing something like that :lol:.