Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Well, lads, I'm off for my military service!
Good bye and ha det bra! :)

Take care and dont do anything stupid.

Like getting killed.

Valhalla awaits us all, but we don't have to hasten our way there. :)

Stay safe over there!

don't forget to get some poon tang...stay safe

may the force be with you.

omfg, im dead! next week will be even havier (thanks to my buddies, those stupid dumbasses!)

Does anyone of you have obligatory military service in his country aswell?

omfg, im dead! next week will be even havier (thanks to my buddies, those stupid dumbasses!)

Does anyone of you have obligatory military service in his country aswell?

I did 3 years from 2000 to 2003...obligatory off course, i would never go to the army at 18 from my own free will...however we have a law here that says you can't send an only son to combat units or areas that are classified as high risk(ie combat zones)
I was a commander and a sgt. in basic training for non combat unit soldiers and later was assigned to my base's manpower unit.

here was obligatory too till 2005.
guys who were born within the 1985 now are still obliged to do the military service when they reach 18, for guys born from 1986 to nowadays it will be voluntary.

yeah...a few months is not three years...i'm getting depressed now
losing three good years to the army and then going to university after 3 years of brainrotting
could have had a master's degree by now

Definitely not obligatory in the USA, though a lot of people sign up for the university benefits. After a set amount of service, their college is essentially paid for by the Military, which is a massive benefit when the only other alternative is to take out a ton of loans!

However, all men have to register with the US Selective Service when they turn 18, which is the organization that would call up people to serve in case there is a draft for a war. If they don't register, they can't even qualify for loans for college. However, unless the US tries to tangle with both Iraq and Iran simultaneously, I don't see compulsory service coming back to the US any day soon.

Good thing it's not compulsory in the U.S. anymore. We get into scraps pretty often...

We who only serve for 9 months are not even allowed to go abroad! ;)

hi, thidrek,
maybe you can find a way to stay kzh till dze. :p

I have a cold but I am not even msg... -.-'
But lol! Why do you know those words? :D

yeah...a few months is not three years...i'm getting depressed now
losing three good years to the army and then going to university after 3 years of brainrotting
could have had a master's degree by now

Similar thing with me: I started studying last year and now I had to pause it...
But 3 years are pretty long in comparison to months. Do your best!

Volunteer national service would work much better, in my opinion.

Word! But maybe it's to expensive to change the whole system...

I have a cold but I am not even msg... -.-'
But lol! Why do you know those words? :D

im german and my husband had his military service about 15 years ago and he has lots of funny memories, f. eks. these freaky abbreviations.

or the special dictionary:
mausefalle: handfalle, klapp, fuer kleintiere, grau; beweglich.
is it still in use???

okay, 15 years ago it was way harder! at least according to my "drill sergeants"... :D

I have not heard about this dictionary, yet, but I would not wonder if it still existed, there is a lot of stuff like this, especially all those, as you already said, "freaky abbreviations". I mean: I am part of a FüUstgBtl o_O Or "Made": Militärisch AuszubildenDe Einheit :rofl: