Alexi and HCDR

Yeah, I'm trying not to compare the album to the other Bodom albums yet, because it's real early, and there could be positive or negative hype about it.

There is sweep picking though...The reason why you didn't hear it is because Alexi keeps getting better at it. The sign of a good sweep picker is the inability to tell he is sweeping. :D

Alexi chose to do thrashier solos, more like Slayer, in the fact that they're more chaotic and less structured than the past stuff.

dammit did everyone who purchase the cd get it from spinefarm?

Originally posted by chainek
I'm kind of undecided about HCDR now. The more I listen to it the more I realize it's missing everything that made me like COB in the first place. When I first heard Hatebreeder, I was completly amazed. Hell, I ran around the house trying to think of people to call to tell them about it. It totally blew my mind.

HCDR is missing something.. and I can't figure out what it is. There is nothing on it that I want to learn how to play. :(

wow, I think that's exactly how I feel about HCDR :eek:

when i first heard the album i was a bit disappointed, because i missed the melodies. but now, after listening it more and more, i'm gettin really into it.

maybe thats because the really great solos. i love them!! the keyboard solos are better than ever, and the guitar solos are wonderful.

i hope the songs don't get boring over time. because "riffy" songs tend to do so.

maybe in some time, when the album isn't new anymore, i'll return to the older albums, and say that they're better

but for now, i love the new album.
only sixpounder and silent scream are not that good i think.

the song that i think that still sounds like the old cob is chokehold, i mean it kinda rivals kissing the shadows a little and jannes solo is amazing on that song, it seems that he has progressed the most on out of anyone of them, i mean since alexi is like awsome there doesnt seem room for error with him. so i expect what alexi does to be awsome. but in short if i had to describe this album i would have to say that it is less melodic and more attitude, sounds like pantera and slayer joined in on the fun :)

Originally posted by chainek
I'm kind of undecided about HCDR now. The more I listen to it the more I realize it's missing everything that made me like COB in the first place. When I first heard Hatebreeder, I was completly amazed. Hell, I ran around the house trying to think of people to call to tell them about it. It totally blew my mind.

HCDR is missing something.. and I can't figure out what it is. There is nothing on it that I want to learn how to play. :(
Insanly brilliant statement because the same thing happened with me. I got Hatebreeder and I just blasted it and called all of my friends and told them, "I'M A CHANGED MAN!"

But the fact remains, Hate Crew Deathroll is different than the other albums mainly because of the lead work.

The main postive: The album is a lot heavier and thrash than before and it's awesome driving music.

The main nevative: Alexi's lead work is no where near as drawn out as the other albums.

The thing I'm most upset about is, when I showed people Hatebreeder or whatever, they were like, WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE A HUMAN CAN PLAY LIKE THAT. But on this album, I'm still searching for that ONE perfect song. I used to say "I listen to the best music on earth" when I listened to the other albums, but I don't know if I can say that with HCDR.

With Hatebreeder, I could do that. I'm still trying to find a song that I find perfect. In my mind, every song was perfect on Hatebreeder. Follow the Reaper was close to perfect, and Something Wild was definitly perfect. Hate Crew Deathroll is not perfect and that's what upsets me. :cry:

more leadwork of alexi would be fine indeed.

but a bit plus for hcdr is janne. as flaminfetus said, he progressed very much. i love his solos on hcdr.

just one thing to say about this album: It's rock

Yeah, I know that's guitar work is a little bit different but I like to see Ale with more space in the musics, this cd kicks all the fuckin asses. :headbang:

I haven't got the whole album now because I don't see why I should be forced to order the album from Spinefarm when I can get it about 5 euros cheaper from NB as soon as it comes out in germany and so i'm downloading it on iMesh and bying it as soon as it comes out here. I still need Angel's don't kill, triple corpse hammerblow, chokehold (cocked 'n' loaded) ans silent scream, so I can't really talk about the album in general now. The songs I've got now... I really love Needled 24/7 and also Sixpounder although it's rather untypical. I'm also starting to get into Lil' bloodred ridin' hood which is cool too, but the chorus is copied from Dissection's Night's Blood, i'd say. (btw, the beginning of Sixpounder reminds me of Nightwish's 'Bless The Child'. Am I insane?) Also Bodom Beach Terror seems to be cool once you listen to it a couple of times (keyboard solo rocks) I don't really know what to do with HCDR... guess I have to hear that song more than a couple of times... In general... Well I didn't like all of the other songs from the beginning and I guess I'm gonna like HCDR as soon as I can listen to it more (only got it on the computer up to now and that is mostly occupied by my mum...), but I also really hate those Slayer solos... If I listen to COB I want COB solos, if I want Slayer solos, I listen to Slayer! But all in all... For all the people who don't like HCDR: It could have been MUCH worse.

Originally posted by Maili Björklund
[...]I'm also starting to get into Lil' bloodred ridin' hood which is cool too, but the chorus is copied from Dissection's Night's Blood, i'd say. [...]
Yeah, I noticed that, too. I also think that the riff in the verses is almost the same as the riff in Dissection's Unhallowed. It's really weird: Even Jaska plays the same like the Dissection drummer in this part. Compare it if you can.

So nobody decided to answer my question? Well, it's ok. It wasn't that important. I myself have now 3 copies of the copy-protected version. I guess I COULD sell one to someone who wants it but I'm too lazy at the moment to start working on such deals... :lol:

Oh yeah, I guess I could join the conversation..
So, I listened to the album earlier today, and noticed a lot of same that FtR has. Some riffs that gave that FtR feeling etc. But the main thing i noticed was that some songs have kind of the same structure as almost all of the FtR songs. Like, after the main part of the song, first comes some rounchy, heavy, slow riffs, then solos and then some fast riffs. I didn't really make any notice about what songs I was listening when I noticed these things, but I guess you can find it out yourself if you understood what I meant..