Alexi and Trivium

bodomite said:
AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID BEFORE!!!
Everyone has diff taste.... if Alexi likes Trivium he likes em its none of your fucking business doesnt mean cob sucks doesnt mean alexi sucks..... IT means he has a different taste then yours.

I don't understand why people are so shocked about Alexi liking popular metal. He ain't into extreme music and hasn't been for a while from what I understand. I doubt he even follows the underground these days.

Everyone's taste changes (some for the worse some for the better). 2 years ago my main taste in music was Children Of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah, Sonata Arctica etc. While these days its Dissection, Death, Nile, Arsis, Augury and numerous other Death & Black metal bands.

bodomite said:
AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID BEFORE!!!
Everyone has diff taste.... if Alexi likes Trivium he likes em its none of your fucking business doesnt mean cob sucks doesnt mean alexi sucks..... IT means he has a different taste then yours.
if the end result is AYDY, then it does mean cob sucks.

I just came home from a supermarket. I saw food I didn't like. Guess what? I didn't buy it and I didn't go to a food forum to bitch about how awful I find liver. Just grow up, metal isn't so fucking serious.

Shadeg said:
I just came home from a supermarket. I saw food I didn't like. Guess what? I didn't buy it and I didn't go to a food forum to bitch about how awful I find liver. Just grow up, metal isn't so fucking serious.
Afuckingmen.:D

dilema1362 said:
Shadeg said:
I didn't go to a food forum to bash about how awful I find liver.
but isnt that in large part, the purpose of a music forum, or a food forum for that matter?????

Not for me. Instead of fighting for True Metal(TM) by bashing every band that has something to do with metal but has some "inacceptable" elements in their music or doesn't obey the True Metal(TM) dresscode, I rather post something at least semi-constructive. If I don't like a certain band, I don't see a reason to post anything about them. I just move onto other bands which actually interest me. It's pretty weird how closed-minded people metalists actually are.

Not only am I very open minded when it comes to music, but I am far from the trademarked "true" metalhead you speak of. I understand what youre saying, and I agree in large part, but when i bitch about a band sucking, its particularly aimed towards my discontent for the means in which the music industry is run and why a band that shouldnt be as famous as they are, have apparently exploded onto the market with no prior touring. discontent in the way that popular music isnt what is actually played on the radio, and in the way that bands are being signed, not on talent, but rather on how they measure up based on a formula involving the ratio of much money the record label stands to make from the band compared to how much money its necessary to spend getting the given band to the point of making a profit and all in relation to the time frame it takes to make all this happen.

i know this may seem like a stretch, but chew on this (it helps to explain part of my displeasure with the whole music thing in general)

The radio station format in america which boasts the most amount of stations is Country, while the most popular station format is urban, yet it holds one of the smaller markets of station formats. why you ask? because to the radio execs, inner-city minorities do not have the money to go out and purchase certain goods, thus making them unappealing to advertisers, thus providing no forseeable revenue for the station. country, however is profitable (for some sick reason) but as a format, it doent even make the top 10 of popular formats in 80% of the countries radio markets.

Shadeg said:

rofl. I don't get what people's problem with Metalcore is anyway. I mean, it's not like it's emo, what's the problem if there's some melody in the chorus?

TheSlayer said:
rofl. I don't get what people's problem with Metalcore is anyway.
do you consider trivium to be metalcore? i really never knew how to describe them, i just dont like them. i do like a few metalcore bands though, KsE, Unearth and shadows fall being the majority of my knowledge of that scene

dilema1362 said:
completely respectable. i just think its a bit odd for alexi to see the kid from trivium as being a guitar god...when i think most people would agree hes not. im not bashing anyones tastes per se....im just stating what i believe to be a fact. Trivium sucks
the only person o do respect is the guitarist, hes pretty good and hes from maine.

TheSlayer said:
rofl. I don't get what people's problem with Metalcore is anyway. I mean, it's not like it's emo, what's the problem if there's some melody in the chorus?

A welsh metalcore fan... we're gonna get along great.

dilema1362 said:
do you consider trivium to be metalcore? i really never knew how to describe them, i just dont like them. i do like a few metalcore bands though, KsE, Unearth and shadows fall being the majority of my knowledge of that scene

I wasn't specificly on about Trivum, I was on about KSE etc.....I consider Trivium to be thrash/Metalcore.

I don't like Trivium. But I like the song A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepedation. That song has some killer solos. And the guitarists in Trivium could shred the shit out of any of you cocksuckers on this board, so don't say they "suck".

I like Shadowsfall. I don't like the clean singing, but I like shadows fall a lot. I also like a few bands that you people call metalcore. I really don't care lol If I think something sounds good, I'm not worried about what kind of music it is, as long as I like it.

Also, If I was touring with a few bands, and they were nice guys and good musicians, even if I didn't like them I would support them by like wearing their merch. It's only respectful.

Are You Dead Yet? said:
If I think something sounds good, I'm not worried about what kind of music it is, as long as I like it.

No... that just isn't possible... GOD DAMNIT! If you were "TRUE METAL" you have to catagorize every band, and you can't like certain catagories... It just isn't "metal" ... Also, you can't like a band too much... and if you do, you have to only own one tshirt of theirs, from their first or second release (anything newer isn't "metal" and sucks... no matter what..) GOD!? WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?!?! I think you might be a whinny emo kid? i mean... it's either "meta" or emo... ARE YOU EMO??!!?

I fucking hate "True Metal" fans... Grow the fuck up...

Are You Dead Yet? said:
Also, If I was touring with a few bands, and they were nice guys and good musicians, even if I didn't like them I would support them by like wearing their merch. It's only respectful.

Yeah, good point. I'm sure the Trivium guys are fun as hell to party with, and amazing to sit around and jam with.... Well said my friend. :headbang: :worship: