Alexi Laiho Quotes

They need to give Alexi a fucking breather and not expect him to write the most epic albums when he's dragged to all sorts of stupid pr situations.

My name is Aaron. I play in a little band called Kapsize, in Austin TX.
I would just like to comment on the above quote with my immediate thoughts as I listen to Blood Drunk and have been a Bodom Fan for over 10 years. Firstly, they (Alexi and Co) opened much of my musical world up with a VAST MUSICAL VOCABULARY. That said.. lyrics are not the strongest part of the repertoire haha. Couple this with the enormous amount of work that goes into creating and maintaining their business, and you can see in an Ozzy kind of way, a lot of the PR stuff is not in line with their actual intellect. What great FUCKING band! Every new record pushing limits, every year playing huge shows and traveling the world. Much love

No one questions Alexi's songwriting. But the vocabulary he uses is still small. You can tell during interviews and even the concert script is pretty awful "we are COB from motherfucking Finland" "OMFG....wooow, you guys are off the hook tonight." At least Latin American crowds get him to go off-script "Sing it!" "You wanna hear some more heavy metal [?]" But the surprising thing is that his lyrics are pretty good, at least some that I read from IWC, as I don't usually pay attention to lyrics, which as I mentioned elsewhere, leads me to think that record companies may be hiring writers to come up with lyrics for bands that don't have articulate band members.

Who gives a fuck about his english skills for fuck's sake? He's a musician, moreover a finnish one :kickass: