Alexi Laiho Quotes

Starchild32, it´s still this way, but even if it is this way, that doesn´t make english the first and native language or mothertongue to a Finn. It´ll still be finnish and / or swedish. Wasn´t the american, which surely just spoke out of you, a lil bit arrogant? ;)
(Note form the aothor: The last sentence was a joke, asked with a big amont of irony, sarcasm.)

Yeh, thats the best part :lol: I always laugh to it, especially to the face of the woman who is making the interview. Like "umm, whats happening" :lol:

Damn, where can I find this interview? It has been removed from YT for some reason :/

?? thats SO not true. he says a lot of bad words but he knows a lot vocabulary for sure!! check his lyrics
Lyrics are different. When writing lyrics, he can check some words from dictionary and fix some mistakes he has made. But when it comes to talking... he isn't speaking with a dictionary in his hands and those kazillion "y'know"s in the middle of the sentence are telling that he isn't the greatest english speaker. But I have nothing to complain about it. He speaks english a lot better than me and most people I know.

Yeah there's a lot of weird words in Bodom's lyrics since HCDR, lots of dictionary used, and still the sentences often have 'hidden meanings.'

Sometimes I wonder if record labels help out with lyrics, hiring writer and whatnot. And I'm not just talking about COB but lots of bands, even young kids today are surprisingly and exaggeratedly articulate. These days album titles and song titles are all esoteric. Even early Metallica is pretty sophisticated lyrically which does doesn't rhyme with the image in my head of those guys when they were young.

Sometimes I wonder if record labels help out with lyrics, hiring writer and whatnot. And I'm not just talking about COB but lots of bands, even young kids today are surprisingly and exaggeratedly articulate. These days album titles and song titles are all esoteric. Even early Metallica is pretty sophisticated lyrically which does doesn't rhyme with the image in my head of those guys when they were young.
Most people nowadays learn English from a very young age so it might have to do something with that. Personally I've been speaking English since I was 4 and nowadays it feels pretty much as natural to me as Finnish. Online dictionaries are also a big help I think as they are so fast to use.

Lyrics use too much weird words in metal, to sound cool, instead of signifying something powerful with daily vocabulary. And when they do, they often become punkish. How then did masterpieces like Children of Decadence chorus or Scavenger of Human Sorrow become born? It's all about intensity with the music - are the vocals there just cos it's a vocal section, or cos they work as the catalyst in wielding the power created with the music. Having the lyrics and vocals fit the music is surprisingly important when it comes to atmosphere.

No he says "You know?" Mother fucker's a combo breaker with it.
I use "you know" a lot too whenever I speak English (I speak it very little nowadays though. Once or twice a month in team speak on some games, but not really otherwise. Used to do it many hours a day everyday. I can notice myself getting rusty :D My writing and reading abilities have gone nowhere as I do more than a bit of both everyday, but where I used to be a pretty fluent and accent-less talker, I now have a definite accent and whatever I say tends to be interrupted by lots of umms and you knows :D).

It sounds like Alexi screams on Stockholm Knockout Live: "Big Ass Truckers"?
Or
"Mother truckers"

What a Fuck?

And I´m 100% sure that he don´t say "fuckers"... Atleast couple times.
i remember seeing photos of him at a gig wearing a kutten he had made by kylla rock wear that had "MOTHER TRUCKER" on the back lol

I use "you know" a lot too whenever I speak English (I speak it very little nowadays though. Once or twice a month in team speak on some games, but not really otherwise. Used to do it many hours a day everyday. I can notice myself getting rusty :D My writing and reading abilities have gone nowhere as I do more than a bit of both everyday, but where I used to be a pretty fluent and accent-less talker, I now have a definite accent and whatever I say tends to be interrupted by lots of umms and you knows :D).
you know is a very common thing to say alot while speaking english even if its your first language ive been living in australia my whole life i started speaking english when i was 4 yr. old ( first language romanian/serbian from my mum) but my point being i have a very bad habbit of saying "you know what i mean" a few times a sentence

I was joking :p "You know", "ummm" & "like" are fairly common words to string into a sentence to keep it flowing while thinking using English - Obviously harder if it's your second language. Your English is really good by the way!

I was joking :p "You know", "ummm" & "like" are fairly common words to string into a sentence to keep it flowing while thinking using English - Obviously harder if it's your second language. Your English is really good by the way!
thanks, my wife is australian so i speak english at home to my kids and her, i know they say its the hardest language to learn but once u got the grammer down its not so hard to keep up " You know what i mean" :p

His vocabulary is fucking small

My name is Aaron. I play in a little band called Kapsize, in Austin TX.
I would just like to comment on the above quote with my immediate thoughts as I listen to Blood Drunk and have been a Bodom Fan for over 10 years. Firstly, they (Alexi and Co) opened much of my musical world up with a VAST MUSICAL VOCABULARY. That said.. lyrics are not the strongest part of the repertoire haha. Couple this with the enormous amount of work that goes into creating and maintaining their business, and you can see in an Ozzy kind of way, a lot of the PR stuff is not in line with their actual intellect. What great FUCKING band! Every new record pushing limits, every year playing huge shows and traveling the world. Much love