Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say it was communicable? He was with all Bodom After Midnight guys, playing, recording, going on tours.

Think about it. Same year, november, december, Daniel was posting daily videos and photos, Alexi was in studio recording. Screaming, looking tired but fine. Last half month, from 10th to 30th he was looking ten years older, tired. I myself sent a comment to him to get some rest, he was always workohollic. Nobody fucking expected gim to get so bad in so short time.
At the pictures Kimberly posted he is scarry bad. And he lost a lot of his weight, look at his arms, his chest, he was like a shadow.

I am not a doctor, I know some people working in that sphere, I could ask, but all of them would tell me "We need some blood examples, some files of old disiases" and will laugh at me when I tell them it is for a rock star that suddenly passed. All of them are saying "drugs". I don't think it's drugs. No drugs could fail you like that in half a month.
Anemia, cancer, some other shit, it doesn't really matters actually, if it could help people would rush at the moment, nobody expected it so it was really hidden or enveloped extremely fast.

The disease communicable? No. But he probably knew very well and so did his inner circle what the outcome would be. I don't think it was unexpected. So yes, planning and solving outstanding issues, was possible.

Outstanding issues? Like what? He kept his current family, Kelli and the kid away, so them not seeing him die? Nobody wants to die alone, man, even the bravest ones. He would call his sister, his mother, his... Whatever. In the eye of the Death you are not so brave. Experience.
IF his finn family knew he would die, they would visit him. If he caused it somehow, to avoid surffering, or if some complication appeared too fast to react, which I'm counting on, that explains everything.
Anyway, keeping his condition in secret brings questions. It's just not right.

Alexi wasn't a douche, he was treatened once, went through hell, experienced much more than many of us. Even the idea he was hidding to die alone is an offense to his memory.

Outstanding issues? Like what? He kept his current family, Kelli and the kid away, so them not seeing him die? Nobody wants to die alone, man, even the bravest ones. He would call his sister, his mother, his... Whatever. In the eye of the Death you are not so brave. Experience.
IF his finn family knew he would die, they would visit him. If he caused it somehow, to avoid surffering, or if some complication appeared too fast to react, which I'm counting on, that explains everything.
Anyway, keeping his condition in secret brings questions. It's just not right.

Alexi wasn't a douche, he was treatened once, went through hell, experienced much more than many of us. Even the idea he was hidding to die alone is an offense to his memory.

He possibly didn't even himself realise he was going to die on that day he woke up. It may come so sudden you really have no clue and time to gather your loved ones around you. It is not that simple, even if you were ill.

Yeah, probably. Another person said the same to me.

I wish he was in peace when he passed out. Sleeping maybe. It's some kind of relief after all the shit that came last time.

Yeah, probably. Another person said the same to me.

I wish he was in peace when he passed out. Sleeping maybe. It's some kind of relief after all the shit that came last time.

I'd like to believe so too. He seemed very tired long time, so I bet he needed lots of rest. I hope you are alright and having some rest too. These are difficult times.

Can we have a separate thread for all the gossip nonsense? This was a very nice tribute/rememberance thread until the last few pages

I hope there won't be much gossiping, but I believe people would like to talk since everything happened so sudden and it might give anxiety to some fans. Talking about this stuff is possibly a way looking for a closure and finding a peace.

I'd like to believe so too. He seemed very tired long time, so I bet he needed lots of rest. I hope you are alright and having some rest too. These are difficult times.

Thank you, I'm trying, but not so successful these days. It's a something I doubt I will ever learn how to live with.

Can we have a separate thread for all the gossip nonsense? This was a very nice tribute/rememberance thread until the last few pages

Yeah that would be nice. I really hate his name was stained with those things, like all that happened wasn't enough. That woman has no shame. "Minute of silence" when somebody dies means to quit with anything just to let all the bad energy and everything to pass away.

Alexi used to say total silence scares him. That he must leave tv on or something else to the background. Also that quote: "I scream at my reflection just to hear noone's home". I hope he didn't felt alone his last days. Honestly I want to know details not because they are so important to me, if he slept on the coach or on the bed, but because I wish to believe he was calm and at peace when all happened.

It's pretty hard and even ridiculous to put "Alexi Laiho" and "peace" in one sentence, I never ever thought I would have to do this for him, just for him. I would expect it fpr anyone else, I mean there are so many elder rock stars already, Dio died, Lemmy died, but Alexi was young and full of ideas, he just had a family, he settled down and he notably changed last years. People loved him so much because he was a great person. There are bunch of tallented musicians but not all of them are so cool as personality. He was...
Unique.

I had that idea to start something in his memory. I can't play guitar, so this is out of the list, but some big street art, or starting fan site, or even things like planting a tree or building something came to my mind.
Then I thought, fuck, nothing I do would make me feel better because nothing would bring him back. In my worst nightmares I would never believe WildChild would be gone.

Reactions: COB-666
Thank you, I'm trying, but not so successful these days. It's a something I doubt I will ever learn how to live with.

Yeah that would be nice. I really hate his name was stained with those things, like all that happened wasn't enough. That woman has no shame. "Minute of silence" when somebody dies means to quit with anything just to let all the bad energy and everything to pass away.

Alexi used to say total silence scares him. That he must leave tv on or something else to the background. Also that quote: "I scream at my reflection just to hear noone's home". I hope he didn't felt alone his last days. Honestly I want to know details not because they are so important to me, if he slept on the coach or on the bed, but because I wish to believe he was calm and at peace when all happened.

It's pretty hard and even ridiculous to put "Alexi Laiho" and "peace" in one sentence, I never ever thought I would have to do this for him, just for him. I would expect it fpr anyone else, I mean there are so many elder rock stars already, Dio died, Lemmy died, but Alexi was young and full of ideas, he just had a family, he settled down and he notably changed last years. People loved him so much because he was a great person. There are bunch of tallented musicians but not all of them are so cool as personality. He was...
Unique.

I had that idea to start something in his memory. I can't play guitar, so this is out of the list, but some big street art, or starting fan site, or even things like planting a tree or building something came to my mind.
Then I thought, fuck, nothing I do would make me feel better because nothing would bring him back. In my worst nightmares I would never believe WildChild would be gone.

What about learning the guitar in his memory? Or any other instrument. Then learn to play one of his songs on that instrument.

Reactions: COB-666
What about learning the guitar in his memory? Or any other instrument. Then learn to play one of his songs on that instrument.
I tried, trust me. Playing is not my thing. I bought guitar, I tried some simple stuff. I could paint something, but playing must comes from inside of you, it's a tallent that I don't posess.

I tried, trust me. Playing is not my thing. I bought guitar, I tried some simple stuff. I could paint something, but playing must comes from inside of you, it's a tallent that I don't posess.

I don't think that's really true. I tried guitar and felt the same way years ago. I tried again 1.5 years ago and been playing every day since. The first few months are incredibly discouraging - there is a wall you have to break where the hobby starts being fun. For me this was after probably 4-6 months.

Reactions: Deb00rah
I don't think that's really true. I tried guitar and felt the same way years ago. I tried again 1.5 years ago and been playing every day since. The first few months are incredibly discouraging - there is a wall you have to break where the hobby starts being fun. For me this was after probably 4-6 months.
Well now what? You will urge me to start learning guitar? Why don't you start learning boxing? Or mathematics? I'm telling you that's not my thing. I can buy electric guitar, I can spend some months practicing and I will probably make some progress, but the point is not to copy him but to pay some respect to him. I am not a guitarist, man, he was. It takes years to learn and put in practice all that stuff to become even a little good and make inpression. I have no future in this, so... I will try to do something with what I am and what I have, not trying to be a copy of someone else.

Well now what? You will urge me to start learning guitar? Why don't you start learning boxing? Or mathematics? I'm telling you that's not my thing. I can buy electric guitar, I can spend some months practicing and I will probably make some progress, but the point is not to copy him but to pay some respect to him. I am not a guitarist, man, he was. It takes years to learn and put in practice all that stuff to become even a little good and make inpression. I have no future in this, so... I will try to do something with what I am and what I have, not trying to be a copy of someone else.

Yikes sorry. Just when you say "it's a tallent that I don't posess" I don't think that's entirely true. I believe anyone can learn to play at at least an average level if they want to.

Yikes sorry. Just when you say "it's a tallent that I don't posess" I don't think that's entirely true. I believe anyone can learn to play at at least an average level if they want to.
Of course anyone can learn. Point here is different, to do something in his honor, not to copy him. People are different, dude, he didn't started playing guitar because he wanted to be like someone, he had it in himself and upgraded what he had, what he loved. I am a metalhead since I remember myself, I was about 5 years old when I asked my mum for bucks to buy my first casette tape with rock music. It doesn't make me a player. It doesn't make my (or anyone else) effort less significant. We all mourn and pay respect to our idols in different ways. If we all were the same it would be a hellish world to live in.

Of course anyone can learn. Point here is different, to do something in his honor, not to copy him. People are different, dude, he didn't started playing guitar because he wanted to be like someone, he had it in himself and upgraded what he had, what he loved. I am a metalhead since I remember myself, I was about 5 years old when I asked my mum for bucks to buy my first casette tape with rock music. It doesn't make me a player. It doesn't make my (or anyone else) effort less significant. We all mourn and pay respect to our idols in different ways. If we all were the same it would be a hellish world to live in.

Haha I was just trying to offer some words of encouragement

"he didn't started playing guitar because he wanted to be like someone"

Actually I think he did though. He initially picked up a guitar after he was introduced to hair metal by his sister AFAIK. He very clearly was trying to emulate people like Randy Rhoads, WASP (hence wildchild name), Motley Crue, Poison, etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavor Nocturnus
I was told this by my mom just a moment ago: "Don't expect yourself to get over it fast. You are going through grief, don't hold it back, it's something you have to go through and you will just make it last longer if you try to ignore it. Talk about it, cry about it, laugh about it. But don't force yourself to just be done with it. Just try to keep at least something going on in your daily life so you won't be stuck. "

This is good advice, thought I'd share to you guys too.

I also have been thinking of doing something as a tribute to him. But the best tribute may not just be something you made with RIP written, or a cover song. It can be applying all the things you learned from him into your future life so his memory lives on. I wanted to do a violin tribute because guitar just isn't for me and I picked up the violin because it was more natural to me than guitar. But I have to admit my skills aren't quite on the level they'd need to be for a COB song. So? What I got from Alexi is, practice, believe in yourself, don't listen to anyone's shit.

Maybe years later I'm far better at violin, maybe the violin playing can grow to something great. But if I give up and don't do anything, he will punch me when I pass to the other side.

But I'll need my time to get over this.

Playing any instrument is 10% tallent and 90% hard work. It's not just a will. That's why I'm saying guitar is not my thing despite I think it's pretty cool woman who can play guitar. Anyway I can paint, or anything else. My point is any of us, no matter if we can cook or paint or sing or even plant flowers can do anything, as you said, the way any of us feels it, in his memory.
And trust me I am not surpressing this in myself, thing is it's too huge that this time I am not sure I will be able to deal with it.

10 years ago a friend of mine from Finland died. I knew him for a few years, I was obsessed by the idea of Finland around those bands and metal and everything, I met him onine and he was the greatest person you can imagine. Aside from the fact I was still naive kid with pink ideas for life, and he was handsome and dating models, he treatened me as a family from the first time we talked. He died from heart failure taking some pills a few hours before his birthday. I just opened facebook to wish him happy birthday and I saw all those "r.i.p. r.i.p. r.i.p. r.i.p.". It hit me so bad that I started drinking and destroying myself with a speed that could kill anyone. A few years ago another important poerson for me died, and I just hit the ground with that.
It took me years to live normal life again, even today I find myself thinking of him, I loved him as a brother.

You think time heals the pain. It doesn't. There is an emptiness in you and more people you lose, the bigger it grows. Time is just digging into those wounds. Yes, you will learn to think more about daily stuff and less about him, you will have new friends, new experience to enjoy, but one day you will wake up and that emptiness will shake you again. Nothing can fill the hole in you of someone you loved, because nothing and nobody else would fit in that place. My friend was unique and kind person, and I will miss him till the last day of my life.
And Alexi too. I never was close to him, none of us was, but we felt him like we knew him. We followed him, we copied him, we used to think he would be there every day of our life to do what he was doing every day, inspiring us, showing us how to do things we never tried before, making our life different in a specific way only he could. I would repeat it for the 100th time that Alexi Laiho was the model I followed and wanted to become like him, he inspired me like anyone else. COB's music sounded the way I was feeling and that's something huge, man, someone to write and perform a music that represents your inner self. If someone asks "Who you are, what you do, what are you doing and feeling, what a person are you?" I would simply play them Children Of Bodom song. Full of rage and desperation and the same time will to keep going and never giving up till the fucking end. That's who I am. And when the person who gave you strenght to keep living in a moments when the only thing you want to do is lay down and die, well... Then maybe there's nothing more of you to be saved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.