Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexi got me over suicidal thoughts. I have to admit this whole situation made me think of those things again. But I'm pretty damn sure Alexi would beat the shit out of me in afterlife if I gave in to stuff like that.

Art is the door out of this. We'll meet again for sure, I believe in it 100% And I'm sure he's still here, in the way we say "You know basically", in the way we wave our hands when we talk, the way we think of life.

The best tribute to Alexi is doing your best in whatever it is you do. And don't give in to dark thoughts, write them down and use them in art. Make hin proud.

It's hard to argue against that... You really seem to have had a crappy couple of days. Or years.
Life isn't fair, my friend. You just get what you get and learn to fight against it.

Alexi got me over suicidal thoughts. I have to admit this whole situation made me think of those things again. But I'm pretty damn sure Alexi would beat the shit out of me in afterlife if I gave in to stuff like that.

Art is the door out of this. We'll meet again for sure, I believe in it 100% And I'm sure he's still here, in the way we say "You know basically", in the way we wave our hands when we talk, the way we think of life.

The best tribute to Alexi is doing your best in whatever it is you do. And don't give in to dark thoughts, write them down and use them in art. Make him proud.
That's the point. In my shitty days I was just playing some Children Of Bodom and I knew that tomorrow, two years ahead, 20 years ahead I would find them there for me. Alexi was young, just started a family and from videos Kelli and him uploaded I could say it was a happy family. I don't know where's the real father of that kid, but seeing her being so calm around Alexi means she felt him friendly and safe.

I was thinking about suicide, many times, guess I am too stubborn to gut myself and make a favor to people who hate me. It would be fucking offense to his memory.

I am sure too, nothing just dissapear. If we meet him or not, soul could not be destroyed like that. Alexi is free now, believer or not his spirit is good, he will find peace. I am sure of it, there's no question his soul is in Heaven now, or Valhala, or whatever finns call it.

You know there's impossible not to fall in love with these dudes. Finland is such a different place than any other place. Their life, their ideas of existing, forget about drinking and heavy metal. I got some lessons years ago, my idea was to graduate and go to Finland, life hit me at the head and things went different, but you can't pass without them change your life. They are calm people, peaceful, even if they scream for death and break beer bottles in each others heads. Their language is nothing you can see in any other country. Finns doesnt have future time, they can't say "I will go to the market tomorrow". Or they don't have the word "have". If they need to say "I have a cat", they will say "Cat is to me". They don't posess the fucking cat, they don't claim tomorrow is theirs, and you are just attracted to their world and it's fascinating and amazing for someone who never knew them.
There is sadness, and grief, and some deep deep freezing thing coming from Finland, but they also smile, and love, and when you learn that and actually start loving one of them, or a whole band, it changes you.

So... Alexi died, and it's freezing and crushing and unbearable. But he surely is fine now, that's not something I would even bother to doubt in. What bothers me is that we are still here, and person like him would be hard to be found again. Nobody ever could replace the WildChild.

142704814_3611959002172680_4585530018153479234_o.jpg

I've never heard this one. I wonder how many other guest solos and appearances Alexi has appeared on that we may not know of or were never released.

Great list! You are missing his Death Angel guest solo posted a few pages back. There's a bunch of them I haven't heard, thanks for sharing!
I knew about that Animal cover, I came to it by coincidence by looking for the wasp version on spotify, I'm pretty sure appart from guitar Alexi sings the "I'm an animal" thing on the chorus

I've never heard this one. I wonder how many other guest solos and appearances Alexi has appeared on that we may not know of or were never released.

Great list! You are missing his Death Angel guest solo posted a few pages back. There's a bunch of them I haven't heard, thanks for sharing!
I love that song, but man does that cover suck

Alexi loved the Murderdolls (W13’s first band). This came after W13 did guest vocals on COB’s cover of The Plasmatics’ “Mistress of Taboo”.

edit: well Murderdolls isn’t actually W13’s first band but I’d think you wouldn’t care about that.

Reactions: tragician
Oh wow, didn't know they were friends with Ralph Santolla. Another one of my favorite metal guitarists, tragically passed away just a couple years ago. Unbelievable talent, absolute beast technique-wise and instantly recognizable style, just like Aleksi.

Absolutely, Ralph was a monster and way underrated. Unfortunately there isn't much about him playing out there on youtube. As someone said earlier, every goof out there has a guitar channel now and it's a shame that the real talent gets lost in the 'sea of shit' as I refer to it lol.
I must say it's going to be one hell of a jam, wherever they are now!

Reactions: Deb00rah and rj rl
Didn't someone here post a picture from Alexi at Christmas with his niece (I guess Anna's daughter?)?

Also at the end of Alexis book he states:
"The holiest thing in my life is undoubtedly family, by which I mean the CoB guys, my parents, Anna and her family plus Kelli and Shelby. They are sacred and untouchable"

So it's very clear by his owns words that he was very close with his sister. Also no word about Kimberly there.

Of course you're right when you say that it is none of our business. But Kimberly started to go public with all of this, so in my opinion it's totally understandable if Alexis family tries to defend themselves and put her lies to an end.

It's good to know the truth about her, if she's really full of lies and shit. Many of us thought she would do this to honor Alexi, but it seems like she just wants to get some attention and half of Alexis money.

What makes you think the legally married spouse of a deceased person only inherits half of their amassed fortune?
They usually get everything, unless the deceased had made a last will/testament that says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.